CBS12 News Team
- Liz Quirantes
- John Discepolo
- Stephanie Watson
- Suzanne Boyd
- Eric Roby
- Ben Becker
- Ric Blackwell
- Jenna Caiazzo
- Peter Schaller
- Michael Buczyner
- Al Pefley
- Chuck Weber
- Michele Wright
- Gary Widom
- Lynn Gordon
- Lauren Hills
- Jana Eschbach
- Joshua Repp
- Karl Man
- Thomas Forester
- Sheila Gray
- Kristine Frazao
Treasure Coast donates almost 80 percent of all money to Republican candidates
STUART, Fla. -- The Treasure Coast is turning a darker shade of red this election season, red for Republican. The campaign donation numbers are in and the Treasure Coast donated 80 percent of all money to Republican candidates.
You can post a sign in your yard or paint the truck red and decorate it with Republicans. But when it comes time to show your support, cash is king.
"Money is the indication of where people's support is in this area," said Susan Auld, Martin Republican Executive Chairperson.
Republican Executive Chairperson Susan Auld says many donate their time, but to beat the Obama campaign....
"I know that it takes money. I gave $50. Its not a lot of money, but it what I can afford," Auld said.
Numbers just in show close to 80-percent of all presidential campaign contributions are going to the Republicans. With Martin and Indian River Counties donating the most to Mitt Romney, close to $100,000.
"Jupiter Island is the most affluent area and Vero Beach as well, and those areas of the Treasure Coast certainly contribute too. They want to see change--they can give money," said Auld.
While St. Lucie County is staying Democrat with donations, coming in at a low $6,400 for President Obama's re-election campaign. Across the Treasure Coast, Obama only netted $27,000 in donations. Auld says St. Lucie County is garnering more and more Republicans.
"Look at all the people who have lost their homes. Look at those who lost their jobs. When you start putting that into a personal issue, you think am I going to vote for more of this?" said Auld.
So if you lean blue or red...cash, the green kind, is king in 2012, and predicting the outcome of most races this decade. This year many people are donating early, they say that's because of the many high profile races on the Treasure Coast.
Saturday, August 3 2013, 06:33 PM EDT
Treasure Coast News Stories
- June bride jailed on fraud, grand theft in Port St. Lucie over lavish Hard Rock Casino wedding
- Toxic water fight heads to Washington, D.C.
- Islamic Cemetery Coming to SLC
- Record horse rescue from Martin County farm
- Sailfish Splash Waterpark selected as site for CSCAA winter training
- Organic shrimp farm growing shellfish, jobs on the Treasure Coast
- Martin County to hold meeting on funding air traffic control towers
- Superstorm Sandy eyesore afloat on Indian River Drive
- Construction ramps up on the Treasure Coast
- New science-focused college campus in Port St. Lucie
- Practice makes perfect scores for FCAT
- Vero beach motel become homeless shelter
- Local pint-sized Picasso wins big in World Art Contest
- Treasure Coast scientist lures in giant squid on Discovery Channel
- Development shows housing market revving up again on the Treasure Coast
- Bass Pro announces plans to build in Port St. Lucie
- Ocean Breeze residents face foreclosure
- Community lends helping hand to Ft. Pierce food outreach center
- Port St. Lucie city leaders pass 'agressive animal' law
- Commissioners shoot down mooring field proposal in Jensen Beach
- Secretary of State weighs in on St. Lucie election debacle
- Sheriff-elect William Snyder to be sworn in as Martin County's 8th sheriff
- Major layoffs for Treasure Coast medical company
- Sheriff Robert Crowder retires after 47 years of service
- Sheriff: $25K snatched from jewelry store
- Commissioners question Jensen Beach mobile home park plans
- Hobe Sound mother charged in son's death
- Bathtub Beach closing again for dune reinforcement as tropical storm looms
- Lake Okeechobee still polluting the St. Lucie River
- Alice in Wonderland comes to Maltz Jupiter Theatre
- Mitt Romney campaigning in Port St. Lucie
- 94-year-old woman beaten in Port St. Lucie home invasion robbery
- POLICE: Suspect plows through Stuart yards in high-speed chase, takes deputy's gun
- POLICE: Career pot dealer busted in Jensen Beach
- LAWSUIT: Port St. Lucie dentist terrified worker with staff meeting gunplay
- Teen burglary suspect arrested after front-yard fight with his uncle
- Firefighters suspect lightning sparked Port St. Lucie house fire
- Westwood High School in Fort Pierce faces serious lawsuit
- St. Lucie West shoplift suspect punches police dog before being arrested
- SLC teachers dive into salary talks
- 2 pulled from water when boat capsizes near Fort Pierce Inlet
- Vero Beach man arrested after police find indoor marijuana garden
- Worker hospitalized after toll booth crash
- Doctors say new law makes writing pain Rx's very difficult
- SLC teacher salary negotiations meeting postponed because of overcrowding
- People supporting Big Apple Pizza despite criticisms
- 280 former digital domain employees getting local help
- Port St. Lucie becoming a hot spot for the film industry
- Suspected knife thief caught by K9
- Big Apple Pizza getting backlash on Yelp
- UPDATED: Teen arrested following knifepoint robbery of Port St. Lucie gas station
- UPDATED: Digital Domain declares bankruptcy
- City tracking tax payer money at Digital Domain
- 'Bullet' adopted by officer who saved him
- POLICE: Father crashes car in police pursuit with unsecured infant in front seat
- PSL officers back from RNC with advice
- The political discussions are in full force after the opening campaign video at the DNC
- Caught on Tape: Ft. Pierce car fire
- 'Bullet' now up for adoption
- 'Digital Domain' defaults on $35M loan
- Experts keeping a close eye on sick whales washed up on Treasure Coast
- St Lucie County School district needs 17 million dollars
- Port St. Lucie man arrested in violent assault, rape of girlfriend that lasted days
- A local task force sets its sights on Fort Pierce to tackle violent gun crime.
- Fort Pierce guns violence goes quiet for first time in 30 years
- After a confirmed tornado and 15 inches of rain, Vero Beach is cleaning up.
- Stuart family of fallen soldier talking to GOP leaders in Tampa
- St. Lucie County Road Closures
- Homes become islands in Okeechobee County
- UPDATED: Several people shot outside Empire State Building
- 'Loaded gun, unlocked car = stupid,' thief warns homeowner
- Dog controversy: The fight for Oreo
- Fort Pierce babysitter arrested after found topless, incoherent in hotel parking lot
- A horrible case of animal abuse in Port St Lucie
- Small ministry thrift shop impacting lives
- 5 arrested in Port St. Lucie crime spree
- Heated Martin County School Superintendent race
- Steady voter turnout on the Treasure Coast despite the rain
- Children found living in house of filth; Port St. Lucie parents arrested
- Mother of 3 killed in Vero Beach house fire
- Commissioners expected to approve acting Chief Bolduc as new PSL police chief
- Deputies arrest man for Sunday shooting in Port Salerno
- Dog returned to Tequesta man accused of animal abuse
- Heated races for top cop on the Treasure Coast
- Police arrest Stuart man for stealing 57 campaign signs
- Vero Beach Elementary School gets $21 million makeover in time for the new school year
- Early voting turnout triples for some Treasure Coast counties
- Waste Pro unveils cleaner, greener garbage trucks at Ft. Pierce facility
- SWAT called to domestic dispute in Port St. Lucie
- Teens launch peanut butter and jelly drive at Stuart food pantry
- New state guidelines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Treasure Coast donates almost 80 percent of all money to Republican candidates
- Ft. Pierce teen caught in crossfire of gang violence
- National security experts train for RNC in Fort Pierce
- Life-saving mother-baby program gets financial boost
- 3 men arrested for armed carjacking in Martin County
- Indian River State College defies unemployment odds with public-private collaboration
- Port St. Lucie community petitions to stop development of possible halfway house
- Deputies arrest trio of suspects in Stuart landscape truck carjacking
- Port St. Lucie's politics scares off new police chief
- UPDATED: 18-year-old shot and killed in Fort Pierce
- Boy arrested for falsely reporting sisters' gunpoint abduction in Port St. Lucie
- Workforce Solutions launches '100 veterans in 100 days'
- Judge rules in favor of Martin County school board in sunshine violation case
- St. Lucie County commissioner Chris Dzadovsky re-instated
- Future freshman class pitches in to prepare their new St. Lucie West charter school
- 160 marijuana plants found in Vero Beach home
- Party Hopping: Record number of voters switching parties
- UPDATED: Police arrest drive-by shooting suspect Kelvin Smith
- 'Junkie' holds father, son hostage while he robs their home in Martin County
- Indian River County jail break to be featured on TV special
- Martin County School Board fights Sunshine violation case
- St. Lucie County deputy dies from auto-immune disease
- Katie's Kreations: Ft. Pierce woman defying the odds, giving hope to others
- 12-year-old among 4 shot in Fort Pierce
- Local ranchers hit by midwest drought, reeling from price drop for beef
- POLICE: Fort Pierce man was high on cocaine, prescription drugs when he hit and killed teen pedestrian
- Charges lowered for St. Lucie County commissioner
- Martin County program teaches teens to to combat online bullying
- Victim helps Port St. Lucie police quickly nab truck burglary suspects
- McCain slams conspiracy claims by Reps. Michele Bachmann, Tom Rooney
- Ballot battle heats up Indian River County supervisor of elections race
- UPDATED: German tourist attacked by shark in Vero Beach
- Stuart police arrest man for murder of girlfriend's infant
- Fort Pierce apartment complex hit with summer storm sequel
- Insult to injury at Fort Pierce apartment complex after tornado-like damage
- Ft. Pierce school bus crash investigation turned over to State Attorney's Office
- Crisis Capacity: St. Lucie County Humane Society reduces rates in hopes of increasing adoption
- Port St. Lucie Mayor apologizes for emails seeking to oust police chief, city attorney
- St. Lucie County veterans services employee accused of theft
- Thieves target cars at parks, churches, community centers in Stuart
- Power line worker nearly electrocuted near Palm City
- President Obama's re-election office opens up shop in Port St. Lucie
- Number of HIV, AIDS cases growing on the Treasure Coast
- Electrical power surge shuts down jail's video visitation system
- 80-year-old Ft. Pierce man missing since Monday
- School construction worker burned when chainsaw explodes
- Port St. Lucie mayor's personal e-mails sparking calls of resignation
- Vietnam vet appeals to DOJ for claims chemical warfare testing caused cancer
- Arrest made in Vero Beach murder case
- Commission votes down proposed Extreme Sports Complex in Hobe Sound
- Controversial Farm Bill threatens local food pantries, families who rely on them
- Port St. Lucie police officers save disabled boy from house fire
- UPDATED: Jensen Beach wildfire fully contained
- Search is on for beloved missing horse
- Rep. West vs. Sheriff Crowder: Debate over a debate
- Lawsuit against city of Port St. Lucie in federal court
- 2 arrested for carjacking, abducting and sexually assaulting Fort Pierce woman
- I-95 reopens after fire, smoke nears highway
- Store clerk arrested for selling synthetic marijuana
- Crews battling 3 fires in Indian River County
- Ft. Pierce police officer saves woman, dog from house fire
- Fort Pierce Marine Patrol keeping busy on July 4th
- Rep. West kicks-off campaign on Treasure Coast, tackles healthcare law
- Port St. Lucie man arrested on child porn charges
- Local doctor says health care ruling lacks significant malpractice reform
- Uninsured Treasure Coast patients react to health care ruling
- Martin County candidates public question and answer event
- UPDATED: Statewide pill mill bust nets Vero Beach Dr. Bruce Kammerman
- Martin County School Board approves teacher raises after heated contract talks
- Tropical Storm Debby may be a blessing for citrus growers
- UPDATED: Bee attack kills 2 dogs, injures owner in Palm City
- PSL Little League president allegedly stole thousands meant for kids
- Vero Beach zipcode ranks in Romney's Top 10 donor list
- Novick accepts position as new Port St. Lucie police chief
- Teen struck and killed by car remembered on the Treasure Coast
- Treasure Coast Food Bank a lifeline for people stuck in the recession
- Cleaning up after fast-moving storm damages Port St. Lucie homes
- 28 arrests in 4-month drug crackdown in Hobe Sound
- Suspected retail molester surrenders in Port St. Lucie
- UPDATED: Mobile home collapse injures 3 in Stuart
- 'Good fires stop bad fires:' Controlled burns in Martin County underway
- Sailfish Splash Waterpark tries to break world record of largest swim lesson
- Port St. Lucie Walmart pharmacy tech arrested for prescription stealing
- Police looking for man suspected of groping girl in Walmart toy aisle
- Boys and Girls Club teens bike to D.C. for blood donation
- Ft. Pierce man arraigned on 1991 murder charges
- Martin County taxpayers saving big on energy bills
- Public meet-and-greet for PSL police chief candidates
- St. Lucie County schools superintendent announces 2015 retirement
- Basketball court users required to have passes in Port St. Lucie
- Port St. Lucie home destroyed by fire; homeowners out of town
- Ft. Pierce small business owner gets big award
- POLICE: Man points gun at unrepentant smoker pumping gas
- Ft Pierce rally urging for more 'no-kill' shelters, communities
- Report: 27% of Treasure Coast children go hungry daily
- Indian River County is first in state desginated tsunami ready
- Contract Tossed: Martin County teachers on edge
- Florida Forest Service: Fire danger has fizzled out
- PSL teacher negotiations: Are students missing out?
- Former Port St. Lucie police chief in the run for city council
- Nearly 700 new teaching jobs coming to Broward County
- Wild weather knocks out power in parts of Martin County
- Sister Cities: Port St. Lucie greets Chinese delegation
- UPDATED: Police looking for Port St. Lucie car burglary suspect
- Senior robbed at gunpoint in Port St. Lucie bank parking lot
- UPDATED: Amber Alert baby found dead, father in custody
- POLICE: Port St. Lucie man arrested for front-yard lewd behavior
- More banned bath salts drugs off the street in Indian River County
- POLICE: Drug-addict mom kept kids in filthy squalor
- Port St. Lucie police chief finalists down from 48 to 3
- POLICE: Habitual offender busted on DUI with kids in the car
- Port St. Lucie 9/11 memorial approved after controversial plans are re-worked
- Cleanup efforts underway in Port St. Lucie from small twister
- Detour: Stuart's Roosevelt bridge closed for repairs
- Hooded suspect robs Harbor Community Bank in Ft. Pierce
- Woman struck by pickup in Port St. Lucie dies in hospital
- Father wanted for Treasure Coast child's kidnapping
- Old Roosevelt Bridge in Stuart closes for repairs
- Stuart gets hit with hail, heavy rain
- Tornado damages Lyngate Park, home in Port St. Lucie
- Synthetic pot bust nets 7 arrests of convenience store clerks
- On the road to graduation with Martin County's "Highway to Success"
- Chase suspect shot by police recovering in hospital
- Neighbors: Giant rats breeding in vacant Ft. Pierce property
- Ft. Pierce residents cleaning up after Tuesday's storm damage
- Fertilizer ban in Martin County
- Guide dog helps legally blind Port St. Lucie woman graduate law school
- Research shows Treasure Coast dolphins have highest mercury levels
- Martin County schools take top FCAT writing spot in the state
- Semi catches fire in St. Lucie County
- Palm City 5th graders leave their mark on history
- St. Lucie County Solar Energy Loan Fund: Going green more affordable than ever
- 9 suspected illegal immigrants detained near Hutchinson Island
- Vero Beach city leaders accuse police union of forged petition
- Vandal strikes, smashes multiple Port St. Lucie businesses
- UPDATED: 2 schools locked down in search for 'gunman'
- PSL student has 14 years, 2520 days, of perfect attendance
- Florida Forest Service: High risk, low pay, no raise in near future
- POLICE: Stuart dad pulls knife on daughter's friend
- Grow house bust: Stuart woman arrested with $50,000 worth of pot
- St. Lucie County teachers demanding salary increase
- German tourist attacked by shark returns home after recovery
- Local esurfing event theraputic for kids with autism
- All signs point to economic recovery on the Treasure Coast
- Treasure Coast judge reprimanded for DUI crash, arrest
- Adam Fetterman announces run for new Treasure Coast state rep seat
- City sets sail on Ft. Pierce marina makeover
- Ft. Pierce city manager David Recor resigns
- Bolduc named as Port St. Lucie interim police chief
- New stroke, brain injury rehabilitation hospital breaks ground in Stuart
- Port St. Lucie driver's license office closing, moving to tax collector's office
- Report: South Florida home prices on the rise after hitting bottom
- 2 suspicious Treasure Coast brush fires under investigation
- Port St. Lucie police officer loses battle to cancer
- UPDATED: Donations sought to dig up, study Vero Beach field of fossils
- New life for dogs rescued from Sanctuary Animal Refuge in St. Lucie County
- Confirmed case of rabies in Palm City
- Boaters Detour: Port Salerno Sandsprit boat ramp closing
- Port St. Lucie teen charged with bludgeoning parents signs autographs
- Former top brass sues city of Port St. Lucie
- Gov. Scott 'gets to work' in Indian River County citrus groves
- Obama's pledge evokes mixed emotions for Stuart mom with 2 sons in the military
- Vero Beach High School students get a dose of DUI reality
- Crews remove 500 football fields of sand for St. Lucie Inlet dredging project
- Nickelodeon star fights back over drug raid on his Port St. Lucie home
- Newest surgical robot unveiled at Martin Health System in Stuart
- Rising 'food insecurity' among Treasure Coast residents
- BB&T branch robbed in Palm City
- Nobel winner visits scientists in Port St. Lucie
- Stuart job fair aims to get local vets back to work
- Engineers create massive stabilization plan for Bathtub Beach
- UPDATED: 11-year-old caught trying to set playground on fire in Port St. Lucie
- Dry conditions put a damper on controlled burns
- St. Lucie County oceanfront taxpayers face new beach tax
- Sportsman's Park temporarily closed for maintenance
- 90 acre St. Lucie County brush fire caused by lightning
- Detectives search for suspect who ignited Hobe Sound fire
- New taxpayer-funded waterpark debuts in Martin County
- Chimps make the trek from despair to hope in Fort Pierce
- Charter school debuts on the Treasure Coast
- FAU cuts will hit two campuses on Treasure Coast, in Fort Lauderdale
- Seniors upset over increase in Martin County rec fees
- Deputies uproot marijuana grow house near Fort Pierce
- POLICE: Pair stole cars from dealerships, sold them for scrap in Vero Beach
- Governor vetoes funding for Port St. Lucie road extension
- Waste companies say no chance to bid for St. Lucie County contract
- Port St. Lucie teen indicted in online death threats against British woman
- Catch a ride with the 1st mass produced airliner
- Stuart Sailfish Regatta winds down
- $3 million verdict in Stuart New Horizons lawsuit
- March of Dimes highlights plight of preemies in Port St. Lucie
- Off to the races: 30,000 people expected at Stuart Sailfish Regatta
- March of Dimes walk kicks-off Saturday in St. Lucie West
- Port St. Lucie hit with more layoffs
- New Port St. Lucie assistant police chiefs appointed
- Jupiter man dies in motorcycle vs. car crash in Hobe Sound
- Safey measures ramped up for Stuart Sailfish Regatta
- UPDATED: Couple arrested in double-shooting following parking lot argument
- FYI: Boater Safety and Awareness Important at Stuart Sailfish Regatta April 14-15
- Gearing up: Stuart Sailfish Regatta preps
- SeaWorld Orlando treating manatee struck by boat near Vero Beach
- Port St. Lucie police fired in department restructuring
- Deadline Approaching: Last minute tax tips you need to know
- 1 killed, 2 injured when driver loses control of Ferrari on I-95
- Virulent 'stomach flu' on the rise in St. Lucie County
- Bathtub Beach fills up, but won't have lifeguards for a while
- UPDATED: Port St. Lucie teacher's aide arrested after reports of creepy behavior
- Flick it and Ticket: Ridding litter bugs in Port St. Lucie
- Pachyderm Playground: Elephant sanctuary breaks ground in Fellsmere
- Mom, dad arrested after newborn tests positive for marijuana
- Martin County Parks: Pay to Play?
- Project Citizen: Ft. Pierce students try to simplify voting process
- Man turns himself, and his 12 pot plants, into PSL police
- Indiantown man dies after fight at party in Port Salerno
- Fort Pierce teen accused of trying to murder deputies
- New Habitat for Humanity program helps St. Lucie County veterans
- Police uncover 'gang bible' in Ft. Pierce drug bust
- New policy training in wake of Gabrielle Taylor suspected DUI case
- NTSB to investigate deadly Ft. Pierce school bus crash
- Oyster bed restoration aiding in cleaning St. Lucie River
- UPDATED: Double shooting in Port St. Lucie
- Jensen Beach re-opens after shark bite scare
- Ft. Pierce man faces animal cruelty charges for boiling, stomping cats
- Stuart woman arrested in stabbing death of her boyfriend
- Fatal school bus crash kills 9-year-old student
- UPDATED: Missing Ft. Pierce man returns home
- Port St. Lucie's 'road to nowhere' is finally going somewhere
- School bus, semi truck in injury wreck near Fort Pierce
- Doctor, wife arrested on pill-pushing charges
- UPDATED: Love triangle ends in fatal shooting near Vero Beach
SyriaThe Syrian civil war, (also known as the Syrian uprising or Syrian crisis) is an ongoing armed conflict in Syria between forces loyal to the Ba'ath government and those seeking to oust it.
Wall of JusticeWPEC CBS 12 News turns its focus to crime in South Florida with weekly Most Wanted features and feedback sessions with Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw. Watch the latest segments Mondays at 5 p.m. ...
Sheriff 9-1-1Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw and CBS 12 News team up to offer you a way to directly address your concerns about crime and law enforcement in Palm Beach County.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us!
The Greek's TrifectaPrognostication, travel and women are The Greek's strong suits as well as his vices. Listen as The Greek breaks down the lines on the biggest games of the week for CBS12.
In Your CornerCBS12 News has Florida Gov. Rick Scott "In Your Corner," answering your questions. Ask a question in the Facebook commenting window below or email it to email@example.com.
Town HallWatch the Aug. 23, 2012 town hall meeting on issues affecting South Florida.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Trending with TracyTracy St. George, a South Florida DJ for WRMF, delivers the hottest celebrity news weekly on CBS12's Trending with Tracy.
CBS12 Dolphins ExtraGet the inside scoop on the Miami Dolphins with CBS12's Josh Samuels and Pat Murphy.
Wednesday's Weather KidWelcome to Wednesday's Weather Kid on CBS12's Good Morning South Florida! Here we let middle schoolers produce a "bus stop forecast" each Wednesday. Contact Robin Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org for info on ...
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Top StoriesGet up to the minute information from South Florida and the Treasure Coast in our Top Stories section!
Newscast LinksGet links and contact information from items mentioned in our newscasts!
Tech-XpertsGet tips and advice on everything tech related, from smartphones, gadgets and online security to Twitter topics and Facebook news and tips!
News TipsDo you have a lead on a good news tip or want to share a story idea? Let us know!
Raw NewsSee the news as it happened, raw and unedited!
CBS 12 News LIVE StreamWatch LIVE CBS 12 newscasts and breaking news as it happens here!
Traffic LinksGet links and information on traffic conditions, rail information and arrival and departure information for PBIA, MIA and FLL!
PBC Mugshot RoundupView a selection of mugshots from the Palm Beach County Jail's portrait studio, via a publicly available online booking search.
Sex Offender MappingSearch for any registered sexual offender or predator within a 5-mile radius of your home!
Product RecallsGet the latest recalls on autos, child safety seats, consumer products and FDA food and drugs recalls!
Forever FamilyWatch videos and read stories of local people and families in need!
The Dwyer Awards
The William T. Dwyer Awards for Excellence in Education honors outstanding educators from public and private schools in Palm Beach County.
Live FeedWatch the CBS News Live Feed for news stories as they happen!
National and World NewsGet the latest headlines from across the nation and around the world.
Pet of the DayWatch our "Pet of the Day" videos for adorable pets that need a loving home!
Pump PatrolFind the lowest gas prices in West Palm Beach, get fuel saving tips, price trends and check out nationwide gas price averages!
Tonight on CBS12
8:30 -- 2 Broke Girls
9 -- Mike & Molly
9:30 PM -- Mom
10 PM -- Hostages