Last Update on October 21, 2014 07:47 GMT
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to alternate wins and losses this season.
The Steelers are 4-3 after following last weekend's hideous 31-10 loss in Cleveland with a 30-23 triumph over Houston. The Texans actually grabbed a 13-0 lead before the Steelers scored 24 unanswered points to end the first half, including three touchdowns over the final 87 seconds of the second quarter.
The Steelers took advantage of two Houston turnovers while Ben Roethlisberger (RAWTH'-lis-bur-gur) sandwiched two scoring passes around receiver Antonio Brown's option pass for a TD. Roethlisberger was 23 of 33 for 265 yards, two TDs and no interceptions. Brown had nine receptions for 90 yards in addition to his touchdown pass.
Ryan Fitzpatrick had 262 passing yards, two touchdowns and a costly interception for the Texans, who've dropped four of five since a 2-0 start. Arian Foster ran for 102 yards and grabbed Fitzpatrick's final scoring pass, but he also fumbled during the Steelers' touchdown flurry before halftime. DeAndre Hopkins had six receptions for 108 yards.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- San Francisco 49ers center Daniel Kilgore is scheduled to undergo season-ending surgery on Tuesday.
Kilgore fractured his left ankle in the third quarter of Sunday night's 42-17 loss at Denver. He was carted off after linebacker Brandon Marshall inadvertently ran into his lower leg at the end of a run by Frank Gore.
Rookie Marcus Martin is the favorite to fill in for Kilgore. Martin recently returned to practice following a training camp knee injury.
Martin's NFL debut would likely be Nov. 2 at home against the Rams after the bye.
In other NFL injury news:
-- The Buffalo Bills are down two running backs. C.J. Spiller has had surgery to repair a collarbone injury, and it's uncertain if his season is over. Fred Jackson said Monday that he expects to be out for about four weeks with a groin injury. Jackson told WGR radio that doctors gave him that prognosis. Both were hurt in the Bills' 17-16 win Sunday over the Vikings.
-- Washington linebacker Brian Orakpo (oh-RAK'-poh) will miss the rest of the season because he needs surgery on a torn right pectoral muscle. He's a three-time Pro Bowl selection.
KANSAS CITY (AP) -- The wait is almost over for the opening game of the World Series.
Game 1 for the Giants and Royals will be played Tuesday night in Kansas City, with James Shields taking the mound for the home team against NLCs most valuable player Madison Bumgarner. Shields is getting the opening game assignment for the third time this post season, while Bumgarner hasn't allowed a postseason run away from home in an MLB-record 26 2/3 innings. That record goes back to 2010.
The Royals advanced with a four-game sweep of the Orioles in the American League Championship Series while the Giants eliminated the Cardinals in five games to win the NLCS.
Game 2 in the best-of-seven series will be Wednesday night in Kansas City before the series moves to San Francisco.
Jeff Kellogg will be the crew chief for the World Series and oversee four umpires who are working the Fall Classic for the first time. Hunter Wendelstedt, Jerry Meals, Jim Reynolds and Eric Cooper will call their first Series. Ted Barrett and Jeff Nelson round out the seven-man crew.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Trisha Yearwood and Carlos Santana are among the musicians set to perform the national anthem during the World Series. According to Major League Baseball, Yearwood will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" before Game 1 Tuesday night and Santana will perform an instrumental rendition of the national anthem with his son before Game 4 on Saturday at the AT&T Park in San Francisco.
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Tim Bogar (BOH'-gahr) will not be part of the Texas Rangers' coaching staff after serving as interim manager in September.
General manager Jon Daniels says he and new manager Jeff Banister had discussions with Bogar in recent days and "decided that it is best for us to go in another direction." Daniels said Bogar has been offered another position in the organization.
Bogar was manager Ron Washington's bench coach before going 14-8 as interim skipper for the last-place Rangers. Washington stepped down with a 53-87 record this season after leading the Rangers to back-to-back pennants in 2010 and 2011.
EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) -- The Edmonton Oilers have finally earned their first win of the NHL season following an 0-4-1 start.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored the game-winner with 3:25 remaining to push the Oilers past Tampa Bay 3-2. The go-ahead goal came less than three minutes after Brett Connolly tied the game for the Lightning.
Taylor Hall scored on a penalty shot and had an assist as the Oilers dropped the Lightning to 3-2-1.
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- The Calgary Flames have signed defenseman T.J. Brodie to a five-year contract extension. Brodie is in the final year of a two-year deal that paid him an average annual salary of $2.1 million. The 24-year-old has three goals and four assists in seven games this season for the Flames.
The defenseman has 11 goals and 66 points in 192 games.
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has dismissed a defamation lawsuit by Donald Sterling's mistress against the estranged wife of the former Los Angeles Clippers owner.
Judge Richard Fruin issued a tentative ruling last week saying he planned to allow the suit, but he reconsidered after arguments from Shelly Sterling's lawyer. The judge found V. Stiviano presented no evidence to support her claim that Shelly Sterling called her a thief and an embezzler in media reports.
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The NHL has suspended Slava Voynov indefinitely after the Los Angeles Kings defenseman was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence. Police say Voynov was booked and released after his arrest early Monday morning at a Torrance hospital on suspicion of corporal injury to a spouse. The Kings issued a statement saying they support the league's decision and will take appropriate action throughout the legal proceedings and the NHL investigation.
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- The consolidated class-action lawsuit by former NHL players against the league over concussion-related injuries has been filed in federal court.
The complaint was filed in Minnesota, where the case already had been assigned to U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson. It's a combination of several previously filed lawsuits.
The six former players serving as class representatives are seeking a jury trial for unspecified financial damages and NHL-funded medical monitoring for neurological disorders. Dan LaCouture (lah-koo-TOOR'), Michael Peluso, Gary Leeman, Bernie Nicholls, David Christian and Reed Larson all played 10 or more NHL seasons.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. women's soccer team has advanced to the CONCACAF semifinals by going undefeated and unscored upon in group play.
Abby Wambach scored twice and the Americans improved to 3-0 by hammering Haiti 6-0 in Washington. Carli Lloyd, Meghan Klingenberg, Christen Press and Morgan Brian also scored for the Americans, who advanced to the semifinals to be played Friday and Sunday at Chester, Pennsylvania.
The U.S. has outscored its opponents 12-0 in the tourney.
- Week 8 Game of the Week: North Broward Prep 6 Oxbridge Academy 44
- Week 8: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Jupiter 7
- Week 8: John I. Leonard 7 Palm Beach Central 17
- Week 8: Forest Hill 6 Royal Palm Beach 35
- Week 8: Lake Worth 7 Dwyer 28
- Week 8: Benjamin 13 King's Academy 49
- Week 8: Santaluces 14 Boca Raton 27
- Week 8: Atlantic 13 West Boca Raton 0
- Week 8: Suncoast 0 Boynton Beach 42
- Week 8: Glades Day 50 Boca Raton Christian 13
- PREVIEW: North Broward Prep vs Oxbridge Academy
- Week 7: Palm Beach Gardens 20 Glades Central 40
- Week 7 Game of the Week: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 44
- Week 7: Somerset Academy 6 Glades Day 28
- Week 7: West Boca Raton 80 Olympic Heights 3
- Week 7: Dillard 12 Boynton Beach 22
- Week 7: Dwyer 33 Forest Hill 0
- Week 7: Pahokee 44 Boca Raton 27
- Game Of The Week: Atlantic at Royal Palm Beach
- Thursday Night Football: Lake Worth 27 Palm Beach Lakes 16
- Game of the Week: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6: Somerset Academy 0 Glades Central 50
- Village Academy at Boca Raton Christian (preview)
- Week 6: Seminole 24 Palm Beach Gardens 24
- Week 6: Wellington 41 Jupiter 0
- Week 6: Pahokee 14 American Heritage 51
- Week 6: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6 High School Football Blitz Preview
- Week 5 Game of the Week: Glades Day 35 John Carroll 0
- Week 5: Key West 12 Oxbridge Academy 43
- Week 5: George Jenkins 7 Vero Beach 48
- Week 5: Don Bosco Prep 41 Ft. Pierce Central 14
- Week 5: University School 21 Jupiter Christian 14
- Week 5: Palm Beach Central 28 Seminole Ridge 14
- Week 5: Royal Palm Beach 49 Lake Worth 6
- Week 5: Glades Central 41 Suncoast 6
- Week 5: Boca Raton 0 Palm Beach Gardens 31
- Week 5: Stranahan 27 Boynton Beach 54
- Week 5: Olympic Heights 0 Dwyer 53
- Friday Night Blitz Game Of The Week 5: GLADES DAY at JOHN CARROLL (Preview)
- Week 5 Blitz Top 10
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
Major business and economic events scheduled for Tuesday.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- There's only one major economic report due today, but half a dozen U.S. companies are reporting quarterly financial results.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
"BUFFY" ACTOR BUSTED
BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- An actor who starred in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" says he's sorry for misbehaving at an event in Idaho this past Friday.
WATER THEFT CHARGE
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- The owner of a northern New Jersey business found himself in hot water after admitting his role in a plan to steal at least $100,000 worth of water from a local utilities authority.
IN THE NEWS: iPHONE SALES
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Apple' profit picture is brighter these days -- due to the success of its recently released, larger iPhones.
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Big Bang Theory
8:30 PM -- Big Bang Theory
9 PM -- Scorpion
10 PM -- NCIS: Los Angeles