Last Update on October 25, 2014 15:25 GMT
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The Kansas City Royals try for their third straight win in the World Series as they hope to build on last night's 3-2 victory and take a 3-1 lead over San Francisco when the two teams tangle tonight in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
The weather forecast is iffy. The National Weather Service is calling for a 60 percent chance of showers by game time, but that chance is diminishing through the evening.
It's Ryan Vogelsong on the mound for the Giants against Jason Vargas, who was 11-10 in the regular season for the Royals.
UNDATED (AP) -- Third-ranked and undefeated Mississippi travels to Baton Rouge for a tough test tonight against 24th-ranked LSU. Ole Miss is firmly in the race for a Southeastern Conference title and a spot in the four-team college football playoff, but a stumble against the Tigers would at least dent the Rebels' hopes of accomplishing both. LSU maintains slim hopes of getting back into the SEC West race, knowing it'll have to win its last four league games -- and get some help -- in order to climb up the standings
In other Top-25 matchups today:
-- Top-ranked Mississippi State takes its 6-0 record into Lexington to play 5-2 Kentucky. Two teams initially picked to finish low in their divisions instead enter as solid contenders. West-leading MSU comes off a bye with its first-ever top ranking and begins a favorable three-game stretch. Kentucky is coming off a 41-3 loss to LSU.
-- Fourth-ranked Alabama is at Tennessee tonight. Alabama likely must win this game to keep its hopes of reaching the College Football Playoff alive. A victory would help the Crimson Tide remain just behind No. 1 Mississippi State and No. 3 Mississippi -- both unbeaten -- in the SEC West.
-- Fifth-ranked Auburn hosts 4-3 South Carolina. The Tigers are trying to rebound from a loss to No. 1 Mississippi State two weeks ago and might need to win out to have a shot at capturing the SEC West title and making the College Football Playoff. South Carolina is trying to snap a two-game SEC losing streak
-- Michigan is a huge underdog at eighth-ranked Michigan State tonight. Aside from the usual bragging rights, the Spartans are hoping to continue their march toward a potential spot in the college football playoff. Michigan has lost five of six in this series, but would love to play spoiler.
-- Texas Tech is at 10th-ranked TCU. The Horned Frogs are trying to keep pace with a bevy of one-loss teams that are waiting for next week's debut of the rankings from the College Football Playoff selection committee. The Red Raiders are trying to improve to 3-0 against TCU in their last three meetings.
-- The 11th-ranked and once-beaten Kansas State Wildcats are trying to build on a victory over No. 17 Oklahoma while impressing voters in the new College Football Playoff when they host Texas. The Longhorns snapped a two-game skid by beating Iowa State last weekend, but they're still in search of a signature victory under first-year coach Charlie Strong.
-- No. 13 Ohio State is at Penn State tonight. The Buckeyes have won four in a row by an average score of 56-17. They can't afford a slip with two weeks left to their big showdown against No. 8 Michigan State. The Nittany Lions, after a 4-0 start, have dropped two in a row. They are bowl eligible for the first time since 2011 after NCAA sanctions were lifted.
-- In a late game, 14th-ranked Arizona State travels to Seattle to play Washington tonight. Arizona State controls everything going forward in the Pac-12 South. The Sun Devils have already beaten USC. They still have games remaining with fellow South contenders Utah and rival Arizona. But the Sun Devils can't afford any slip ups against the Pac-12 North teams they will face, beginning with Washington.
-- 15th-ranked Arizona is at Washington State. Arizona can become eligible for a bowl game and seek to keep pace with other leading teams in the Pac-12 South. Washington State must win four of its remaining five games to become bowl eligible, and a loss at home would hurt those hopes.
-- Rutgers, which was blistered by Ohio State last week, doesn't have it any easier. The Scarlet Knights travel to play at 16th-ranked Nebraska. The Cornhuskers are in the middle of the softest part of its schedule and can't afford a slip-up before finishing with West Division games against Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.
-- Twentieth-ranked USC is making just its second trek to Salt Lake City to face 19th-ranked Utah since 1917 in a showdown between two top-20 teams contending for the Pac-12 South Division title. USC QB Cody Kessler is coming off a game against Colorado in which he threw a school-record seven TD passes.
-- Syracuse, at 3-4 trying desperately to keep its bowl hopes alive, travels to Death Valley to play 21st-ranked Clemson. Clemson is seeking its fifth straight victory after starting the year 1-2 for the first time in 10 years. A win also qualifies the Tigers for a bowl game.
-- Number-22 West Virginia is at Oklahoma State is a battle of 5-2 teams. The winner remains within a game of Big 12 leader Kansas State, and both teams have yet to play the Wildcats. Oklahoma State is coming off a blowout loss to TCU.
-- In another Mountain State game, the undefeated 23rd-ranked Marshall Thundering Herd host Florida Atlantic. Marshall will try to go to 8-0 and remain alone in first place in Conference USA's East Division against a Florida Atlantic team coming off an emotional comeback win at home over Western Kentucky.
-- And rounding out the Top-25 football action today, the 25th-ranked UCLA Bruins travel to Boulder to play Colorado.
UNDATED (AP) -- At 7-1, the Montreal Canadiens are off to their best start since 1977. The Habs try to keep it going tonight when they host the New York Rangers at Bell Centre. The Rangers are 4-3.
That's one of 11 NHL games on the Saturday schedule. The action starts this afternoon (4 p.m. Eastern) when the San Jose Sharks host last-place Buffalo. The Sharks are coming off a last-minute 5-4 loss to Columbus Thursday night.
The Boston Bruins, who will be without captain and defenseman Zdeno Chara (ZAY'-noh CHAH'-rah) for four to six weeks, visit Toronto tonight to play the Maple Leafs. Chara tore the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Thursday but will not need surgery.
Nashville, the last undefeated team at 5-0-2, is home against the 3-2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins.
Elsewhere the New Jersey Devils visit Ottawa, Dallas is at the New York Islanders, Detroit visits Philadelphia, Chicago is at St. Louis, Minnesota hosts Tampa Bay, Florida is at Arizona and the Washington Capitals are at Calgary.
CHAMPIONS TOUR-SAN ANTONIO
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- John Cook and Marco Dawson enter second-round play tied for the lead in the Champions Tour's AT&T Championship, the final full-field event of the season.
Scott Dunlap was a stroke back at TPC San Antonio. Jay Haas, Guy Boros, Bart Bryant, Gary Hallberg, Tom Lehman, Peter Senior, Wes Short Jr., and Kirk Triplett are two off the lead.
HAINAN ISLAND, China (AP) -- American Jessica Korda rebounded from an opening double bogey for a share of the lead Saturday in the Blue Bay LPGA.
Korda made seven birdies in a 14-hole stretch -- the last three on Nos. 14-16 -- and shot a 5-under 67 to match South Africa's Lee-Anne Pace at 11-under 133. Pace had a 66.
Rain washed out play Friday and forced officials to cut the event from 72 to 54 holes.
Korda, the first-round leader Thursday after a 66, has two LPGA Tour victories this year. Pace, winless on the LPGA Tour, is coming off a playoff victory last week in the South African Women's Open.
South Korea's Chella Choi was 10 under after a 66.
Americans Michelle Wie and Brittany Lang and China's Shanshan Feng were 9 under.
- Week 9 Game of the Week: Glades Day 7 Clewiston 31
- Week 9: American Heritage (Plantation) 35 American Heritage (Delray) 45
- Week 9: Spanish River 20 Palm Beach Central 40
- Week 9: Palm Beach Lakes 18 Forest Hill 19
- Week 9: West Boca Raton 7 Lake Worth 28
- Week 9: Northwestern 7 Glades Central 17
- Week 9: Boca Raton 14 Park Vista 27
- Week 9: Dwyer 26 Atlantic 37
- (PREVIEW) Game of the Week: Glades Day at Clewiston
- Palm Beach Gardens' Coney picks Notre Dame
- Week 8 Game of the Week: North Broward Prep 6 Oxbridge Academy 44
- Week 8: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Jupiter 7
- Week 8: John I. Leonard 7 Palm Beach Central 17
- Week 8: Forest Hill 6 Royal Palm Beach 35
- Week 8: Lake Worth 7 Dwyer 28
- Week 8: Benjamin 13 King's Academy 49
- Week 8: Santaluces 14 Boca Raton 27
- Week 8: Atlantic 13 West Boca Raton 0
- Week 8: Suncoast 0 Boynton Beach 42
- Week 8: Glades Day 50 Boca Raton Christian 13
- PREVIEW: North Broward Prep vs Oxbridge Academy
- Week 7: Palm Beach Gardens 20 Glades Central 40
- Week 7 Game of the Week: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 44
- Week 7: Somerset Academy 6 Glades Day 28
- Week 7: West Boca Raton 80 Olympic Heights 3
- Week 7: Dillard 12 Boynton Beach 22
- Week 7: Dwyer 33 Forest Hill 0
- Week 7: Pahokee 44 Boca Raton 27
- Game Of The Week: Atlantic at Royal Palm Beach
- Thursday Night Football: Lake Worth 27 Palm Beach Lakes 16
- Game of the Week: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6: Somerset Academy 0 Glades Central 50
- Village Academy at Boca Raton Christian (preview)
- Week 6: Seminole 24 Palm Beach Gardens 24
- Week 6: Wellington 41 Jupiter 0
- Week 6: Pahokee 14 American Heritage 51
- Week 6: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6 High School Football Blitz Preview
- Week 5 Game of the Week: Glades Day 35 John Carroll 0
- Week 5: Key West 12 Oxbridge Academy 43
- Week 5: George Jenkins 7 Vero Beach 48
- Week 5: Don Bosco Prep 41 Ft. Pierce Central 14
- Week 5: University School 21 Jupiter Christian 14
- Week 5: Palm Beach Central 28 Seminole Ridge 14
- Week 5: Royal Palm Beach 49 Lake Worth 6
- Week 5: Glades Central 41 Suncoast 6
- Week 5: Boca Raton 0 Palm Beach Gardens 31
- Week 5: Stranahan 27 Boynton Beach 54
- Week 5: Olympic Heights 0 Dwyer 53
- Friday Night Blitz Game Of The Week 5: GLADES DAY at JOHN CARROLL (Preview)
- Week 5 Blitz Top 10
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
US new-home sales close to flat in September
WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. sales of new homes were essentially flat in September, after the government sharply revised downward what was initially an August surge in buying.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
HILARY SWANK: DEATH BECOMES HER?
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) -- Hilary Swank says even her own mom wonders why it seems she never lives long enough in the movies to see the credits roll.
LIMA, Peru (AP) -- Usually, one flips a coin to determine things like who gets the ball first in a football game or who gets first dibs at the last slice of pie or something.
IN THE NEWS: APPLE PAY GLITCH
SAN JOSE, CALIF. (AP) -- Bank of America is apologizing for a glitch in the Apple Pay service.
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Amazing Race
9 PM -- Hawaii Five-0
10 PM -- Blue Bloods