Last Update on September 21, 2014 12:53 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- Top-ranked Florida State managed to win without its reigning Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback.
Jameis (JAYM'-ihs) Winston looked on as Karlos Williams scored on a 12-yard run in overtime to give the Seminoles a 23-17 win over No. 22 Clemson. Tigers coach Dabo Swinney declined to attempt a 33-yard field goal on the first possession of overtime and Adam Choice was stuffed for no gain on fourth-and-1. Two plays later, Williams bounced outside and went untouched into the end zone.
Seminoles quarterback Sean Maguire made his first career start and completed 21 of 39 passes for 305 yards, two interceptions and a game-tying, 74-yard touchdown to Rashad Greene with 6:04 left in regulation. Magquire got the start in place of Winston, who was suspended for the game after making "offensive and vulgar" comments earlier this week on campus.
-- Marcus Mariota's (mar-ee-OH'-tahz) six-yard TD pass to Keanon Lowe with 5:33 left allowed second-ranked Oregon to escape with a 38-31 victory against Washington State at Pullman. Mariota added to his Heisman resume by completing 21 of his 25 passes for 329 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions. Connor Halliday kept the Cougars close by completing 43 of 63 throws for 436 yards and four touchdowns.
-- Third-ranked Alabama generated so much offense, it even allowed Florida to score a few points.
The Gators turned four Crimson Tide turnovers into 21 points, the only scoring Florida could muster in a 42-21 loss to Alabama.
Blake Sims recorded the Crimson Tide's second-best passing day with 445 yards, including touchdown passes of 87 yards to Kenyan Drake on the opening play and 79 to Amari Cooper later in the first quarter. Cooper caught 10 passes for 201 yards and three touchdowns after entering the game leading the nation in receptions.
Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel was 9-of-28 passing for 93 yards and was intercepted twice while his offense produced just 200 yards. Meanwhile, Florida surrendered a school-record 645 yards.
The Tide are 4-0 after winning their SEC opener.
-- Mississippi State posted a 34-29 win at eighth-ranked LSU behind the work of quarterback Dak Prescott, who had 373 yards of total offense. Prescott passed for 268 yards and two touchdowns and highlighted his 105 yards rushing with a 56-yard scoring run.
LSU erased most of a 24-point, fourth-quarter deficit before a last-second desperation heave by LSU backup quarterback Brandon Harris was intercepted by Will Redmond at the goal line.
In other AP Top-25 action:
-- Samaje Perine rushed for 242 yards and four touchdowns to lead No. 4 Oklahoma to a 45-33 win over West Virginia. Alex Ross scored on a 100-yard kickoff return and quarterback Trevor Knight caught a 4-yard scoring pass on a trick play for the 4-0 Sooners.
-- Kenny Hill accounted for 322 yards of offense in just the first half, and Jeremy Tabuyo turned two short passes into long touchdowns as sixth-ranked Texas A&M crushed SMU 58-6. Trey Williams ran for a pair of touchdowns to help the Aggies improve to 4-0 for the first time in eight years.
-- Connor Cook threw two touchdown passes and ran for a score as No. 11 Michigan State scored the third-most points in program history in smashing Eastern Michigan 73-14. The 2-1 Spartans came within three points of matching the school record set in 1989 against Northwestern
-- Sony Michel ran for 155 yards and three touchdowns to highlight a big day for freshmen in 13th-ranked Georgia's 66-0 rout of Troy. Among other standout frosh for Georgia were receiver Isaiah McKenzie, who scored on a 52-yard punt return, and Bryce Ramsey, who threw his first career TD pass.
-- Steve Spurrier is second on the SEC's all-time wins list for coaches with 202 after 14th-rated South Carolina rallied from 14 points down to beat Vanderbilt 48-34. Dylan Thompson threw for 237 yards and three touchdowns, and he ran for another score.
-- D'Angelo Roberts ran for a three-yard touchdown with 22 seconds left to lift Indiana past No. 18 Missouri 31-27. Nate Sudfeld passed for 252 yards and a touchdown.
-- Melvin Gordon rushed for career highs of 253 yards and five touchdowns, and No. 19 Wisconsin ran for a Big Ten-record 644 yards to trample Bowling Green, 68-17.
-- Taysom Hill threw for two touchdowns and ran for another as No. 21 Brigham Young rallied to beat Virginia 41-33. Hill completed 13 of 23 for 187 yards and rushed for another 72 on 17 carries.
-- No. 24 Nebraska knocked off Miami 41-31 as Ameer Abdullah ran 35 times for 229 yards. Tommy Armstrong Jr. passed for 113 yards and two touchdowns and ran 13 times for 96 for the Cornhuskers.
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
Alibaba shares surge in debut on NYSE
NEW YORK (AP) -- Alibaba's stock is surging as the Chinese e-commerce powerhouse begins its first day trading as a public company.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
DARRELL HAMMOND TO TAKE OVER SNL ANNOUNCER'S ROLE FOR LATE DON PARDO
NEW YORK (AP) -- It's a new gig -- and an old one -- for Darrell Hammond.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A new poll indicates that lots of folks in Washington, D.C.
IN THE NEWS: HOME DEPOT BREACH WAS EXTENSIVE
NEW YORK (AP) -- The nation's largest home improvement retailer now is confirming it is the victim of one of the largest data thefts in U.S.
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Big Brother
9 PM -- Hawaii Five-0
10 PM -- Blue Bloods