Last Update on October 31, 2014 03:07 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- The New York Knicks ruined LeBron James' much ballyhooed return to Cleveland by beating the Cavaliers 95-90 as James was limited to 17 points on 5-of-15 shooting from the field. Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with 25 points and six assists.
James returned to the Cavs and his native Ohio this summer after winning two NBA titles in Miami. He also committed eight turnovers and never looked comfortable on a night when the entire city -- and a star-studded crowd -- celebrated his comeback.
Kyrie Irving scored 22 and Kevin Love added 19 points and 14 rebounds for the Cavs, who have some work to do before they can start thinking about any titles.
In other NBA action:
-- Thaddeus Young scored 19 points and hit a big 3-pointer with 90 seconds to play to lift the Minnesota Timberwolves to a 97-91 victory over the Detroit Pistons.
-- Washington beat Orlando 105-98. John Wall had 30 points and 12 assists. Marcin Gortat (MAHR'-chin GOHR'-tot) added 20 points and 12 rebounds.
UNDATED (AP)-- On NHL ice, Chris Kunitz had two goals in a three-point game to lift the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 3-0 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings 3-0. Marc-Andre Fleury (marhk-ahn-dray FLOOR'-ee) made 35 saves in his 30th NHL shutout.
Kris Letang scored his first goal of the season. Evgeni Malkin became the fifth player in Penguins history to register 400 assists.
In other NHL action:
-- Jacob Josefson scored the lone goal in the shootout, and Cory Schneider made it stand up as the New Jersey Devils beat Winnipeg 2-1. The Devils earned the shootout victory after losing all 13 last season and one other this season.
-- Steven Stamkos had two goals and an assist, and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Philadelphia Flyers 4-3.
---- The St. Louis Blues blanked Anaheim 2-0. Alexander Steen and Ryan Reaves scored. Jake Allen stopped 24 shots in his second NHL shutout.
-- Brad Marchand had two goals, including at 1:20 of overtime and the Boston Bruins won their third straight road game, 3-2 over Buffalo.
-- Scottie Upshall scored in the third period and Roberto Luongo made 32 saves and the Florida Panthers earned a 2-1 win over Arizona.
UNDATED (AP) -- The St. Louis Cardinals have exercised their 2015 contract option on pitcher John Lackey. The right-hander was 14-10 with a 3.83 ERA last year with the Red Sox and Cardinals and was 1-0 in two postseason starts for the NL Central champions. He was acquired from Boston at the trade deadline in July.
-- The Reds exercised Johnny Cueto's (KWAY'-tohs) $10 million contract option. Cueto also made $10 million last season, when he went 20-9 with a 2.25 ERA, the Reds' first 20-game winner since Danny Jackson in 1988. Cueto can become a free agent after next season.
-- The Boston Red Sox have signed All-Star closer Koji Uehara (KOH-'jee yoo-ee-HAR'-ah) for two more years for $18 million. He was a key part of the 2013 World Series winners, but struggled at times this season. He finished with a 6-5 record and an ERA of 2.52 that was more than twice the previous season's.
-- The Seattle Mariners have picked up the option the $7 million on Hisashi Iwakuma's contact for next season. Iwakuma missed the first month of the 2014 season but went 15-9 with a 3.52 ERA in 28 starts. In 91 career games with Seattle, Iwakuma is 38-20 with a 3.07 ERA.
-- Dodgers pitcher Dan Haren has exercised his $10 million player option for next season. The right-hander was 13-11 with a 4.02 ERA in his first season with the Dodgers.
-- The Angels have exercised their $7 million contract option on closer Huston Street. The veteran right-hander was acquired from San Diego on July 19. He picked up 17 saves with a 1.71 ERA for the Angels.
-- The Washington Nationals have exercised their $9 million option for 2015 on center fielder Denard Span who hit .302 and tied for first in the National League with 184 hits. The team declined options on first baseman Adam LaRoche and reliever Rafael Soriano. The 34-year-old LaRoche's deal included a $15 million mutual optional for next season, but Washington instead chose to pay him a $2 million buyout. Soriano's contract included a $14 million club option for 2015.
-- The Orioles have exercised a $4.75 million option on left-hander Wei-Yin Chen and a $4.25 million option on right-hander Darren O'Day.
-- The San Diego Padres have declined right-hander Josh Johnson's $4 million option for 2015. Johnson didn't throw a pitch for the Padres in 2014 while making $8 million. He suffered an elbow injury during spring training.
MLB-HALL OF FAME
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) -- Gil Hodges, Luis (LOO'-ee) Tiant and Maury Wills are among 10 candidates on the Hall of Fame ballot for its Golden Era committee. Dick Allen, Ken Boyer, Jim Kaat (kaht), Minnie Minoso, Tony Oliva and Billy Pierce also are on the ballot. The only non-player is Bob Howsam, the late Cincinnati Reds general manager.
A 16-member committee will convene Dec. 7-8 at the winter meetings in San Diego to consider the candidates, whose most significant impact was from 1947-72.
In another Hall of Fame note, Madison Bumgarner's World Series performance earned him a spot in the Hall of Fame -- well, at least for his caps. The San Francisco Giants ace donated caps he wore during his Game 1 and 5 wins against Kansas City plus his hat from his Game 7 save Wednesday night.
NEW YORK (AP) -- An estimated 23.5 million people watched the San Francisco Giants' 3-2 win over the Kansas City Royals in Game 7, enabling the matchup to escape the distinction of least-watched World Series. According to Neilsen's overnight ratings, the Game 7 viewership was 10 million more people than tuned in to any of the previous six games between the Giants and Royals.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- First place is on the line in the NFC South this evening as the Panthers entertain the Saints. Mark Ingram and Jimmy Graham each scored late in the second quarter and the New Orleans Saints are leading Carolina 21-6 in the fourth quarter.
Carolina starts the night with a percentage-points lead over New Orleans with a record of 3-4-1, while the Saints are 3-4. It's been an odd year for New Orleans as the Saints have won all three home games while dropping all four road games. Of those four defeats, three have been by three points or less.
The Panthers are welcoming back running back DeAngelo Williams, who is the team's all-time leading rusher. He's missed the last four games with an ankle injury.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- A person familiar with the situation says Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy's domestic violence appeal trial set for Nov. 17 has been postponed until after the NFL season, meaning his career with Carolina could be over. The person said the new trial date has not been set.
The person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Thursday because the decision has not been publicly announced.
The Panthers placed Hardy on the exempt-commissioner's permission list on Sept. 17 after being convicted in July of assault on a female and communicating threats.
The NFL and the Panthers have said Hardy would not play until after his trial was resolved, although he is still collecting $13.1 million this season as Carolina's franchise player.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Florida State, the nation's second-ranked team, has rallied from a 21-0 deficit to lead the unranked Louisville Cardinals 35-31 late in the game.
The visiting Seminoles have won their last 23 straight games and enter the contest atop the Atlantic Division of the Atlantic Coast Conference with a record of 7-0 and 4-0 in league play. The Cardinals are enjoying a good season as well with a record of 6-2 and 4-2 in the ACC's Atlantic Division.
The Louisville defense could pose a problem for Seminoles Heisman Trophy winner Jameis (JAYM'-ihs) Winston as it ranks No. 1 in the nation in defense, allowing just 245.8 yards a game. The Cardinals also lead the nation with 15 interceptions.
UNDATED (AP) -- The pre-season Associated Press women's Top-25 basketball poll is out and the top team is Connecticut. The Huskies received all 35 first place votes after a season of going 40-0. The second-ranked school is South Carolina with Notre Dame third, Tennessee fourth and Texas A&M fifth.
The second five in the pre-season poll consists of Stanford, Duke, Baylor, Texas and Maryland.
- Week 9 Game of the Week: Glades Day 7 Clewiston 41
- Week 9: American Heritage (Plantation) 35 American Heritage (Delray) 45
- Week 9: Spanish River 20 Palm Beach Central 40
- Week 9: Palm Beach Lakes 18 Forest Hill 19
- Week 9: West Boca Raton 7 Lake Worth 28
- Week 9: Northwestern 7 Glades Central 17
- Week 9: Boca Raton 14 Park Vista 27
- Week 9: Dwyer 26 Atlantic 37
- (PREVIEW) Game of the Week: Glades Day at Clewiston
- Palm Beach Gardens' Coney picks Notre Dame
- Week 8 Game of the Week: North Broward Prep 6 Oxbridge Academy 44
- Week 8: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Jupiter 7
- Week 8: John I. Leonard 7 Palm Beach Central 17
- Week 8: Forest Hill 6 Royal Palm Beach 35
- Week 8: Lake Worth 7 Dwyer 28
- Week 8: Benjamin 13 King's Academy 49
- Week 8: Santaluces 14 Boca Raton 27
- Week 8: Atlantic 13 West Boca Raton 0
- Week 8: Suncoast 0 Boynton Beach 42
- Week 8: Glades Day 50 Boca Raton Christian 13
- PREVIEW: North Broward Prep vs Oxbridge Academy
- Week 7: Palm Beach Gardens 20 Glades Central 40
- Week 7 Game of the Week: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 44
- Week 7: Somerset Academy 6 Glades Day 28
- Week 7: West Boca Raton 80 Olympic Heights 3
- Week 7: Dillard 12 Boynton Beach 22
- Week 7: Dwyer 33 Forest Hill 0
- Week 7: Pahokee 44 Boca Raton 27
- Game Of The Week: Atlantic at Royal Palm Beach
- Thursday Night Football: Lake Worth 27 Palm Beach Lakes 16
- Game of the Week: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6: Somerset Academy 0 Glades Central 50
- Village Academy at Boca Raton Christian (preview)
- Week 6: Seminole 24 Palm Beach Gardens 24
- Week 6: Wellington 41 Jupiter 0
- Week 6: Pahokee 14 American Heritage 51
- Week 6: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6 High School Football Blitz Preview
- Week 5 Game of the Week: Glades Day 35 John Carroll 0
- Week 5: Key West 12 Oxbridge Academy 43
- Week 5: George Jenkins 7 Vero Beach 48
- Week 5: Don Bosco Prep 41 Ft. Pierce Central 14
- Week 5: University School 21 Jupiter Christian 14
- Week 5: Palm Beach Central 28 Seminole Ridge 14
- Week 5: Royal Palm Beach 49 Lake Worth 6
- Week 5: Glades Central 41 Suncoast 6
- Week 5: Boca Raton 0 Palm Beach Gardens 31
- Week 5: Stranahan 27 Boynton Beach 54
- Week 5: Olympic Heights 0 Dwyer 53
- Friday Night Blitz Game Of The Week 5: GLADES DAY at JOHN CARROLL (Preview)
- Week 5 Blitz Top 10
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
US economy grew at 3.5 percent rate in Q3
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. economy grew at a solid annual rate of 3.5 percent in the July-September quarter, propelled by solid gains in business investment, export sales and the biggest jump in military spending in five years.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
NEW YORK (AP) -- The actress who played the secretary to Frank Underwood in "House of Cards" has died.
FAKE OBAMA THREAT
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) -- President Barack Obama figures into a love triangle -- but not in THAT way.
IN THE NEWS: WHITE HOUSE COMPUTERS
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House is declining to comment on a published report that Russia is believed to be behind a suspected attack on computer systems at the Executive Mansion.
Tonight on CBS12
8:25 PM -- NFL on CBS