Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
Saturday night Palm Beach Gardens high school plays in the state semi-finals for the first time since 2005. The Gators locked in on winning the school's first ever baseball title. Josh Samuels has the story.
Wednesday, May 16 2012, 11:44 PM EDT
Last Update on May 24, 2013 14:44 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- Cleveland's Justin Masterson and Washington's Jordan Zimmermann are going to the mound tonight in search of their eighth win of the season. Tampa's Matt Moore is the lone eight-game winning pitcher in big-league baseball.
Masterson and the Indians are back in Fenway Park for the second game of their weekend series against the Red Sox, while Zimmermann and the Nationals are home to the Phillies. Moore is back on the mound tomorrow when the Rays entertain the Yankees.
The Braves are currently the hottest team in baseball with a six-game winning streak. Tonight they are in New York facing the Mets. The longest losing streak is held by Minnesota with nine straight defeats. The Twins will attempt to get back in the win column tonight with a game in Detroit.
MIAMI (AP) -- Miami took the first game of its best-of-seven NBA Eastern Conference final with Indiana, in overtime, 103-102. LeBron James won the game with a last-second basket. The contest was marked by 35 ties or lead changes and neither team led by more than seven points.
Tonight, once again in Miami, the Heat and Pacers will square off with Indiana looking to get a win before the series heads to Indianapolis.
Game 3 will take place Sunday night on the Pacers home court.
By the way, if you have wondered just how dominating the Heat have been this season, they have won 46 of their last 49 games.
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The fifth game of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa NHL Eastern Conference semifinal is being played tonight in the Steel City. The Penguins can eliminate the Senators and move on to the conference final with a win as they top the series 3-1.
After winning the first two games in Pittsburgh the Pens dropped the third in Ottawa before winning on the Senators' home ice two nights ago, 7-3.
If a sixth game is called for, the Sens will play host on Sunday.
PARIS (AP) -- The seedings for next week's French Open have been announced with Novak Djokovic (NOH'-vak JOH'-kuh-vich) leading the way for the men and Serena Williams the women. Rounding out the top-three seeds for the men are Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal (rah-fay-ehl nah-DAHL'). Following Williams are Maria Sharapova (shah-rah-POH'-vah) and Victoria Azarenka (ah-zah-REN'-kuh).
The way things are set up, Nadal and Djokovic, the finalists last year, could meet in the semifinals.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Josh Teater and Boo Weekley are off to good starts today in the PGA's Colonial. Each is 5-under for the day with Teater 10-under for the tournament and Weekley 8-under. Teater has completed nine holes and Weekley eight.
The first-round leader was Ryan Palmer at 8-under after a Thursday 62 and he starts play in the afternoon.
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!