Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
PAHOKEE, Fla. -- The Pahokee Football team plans to restore the once proud program to its former glory. After two sub par seasons, the Blue Devils have plenty of work to do.
Monday, May 21 2012, 09:41 PM EDT
Last Update on May 25, 2013 18:55 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- Tampa Bay's Matt Moore is looking to become baseball's first nine-game winner of the season when the Rays play host to the Yankees this afternoon. Moore is 8-0 with a 2.29 earned run average. The left-hander is 3-2 with a 3.99 ERA lifetime in five career starts against the Yankees.
Overall, today's schedule shows eight day games and seven night games.
The lone interleague game of the day has the Marlins in Chicago facing the White Sox tonight.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- The Yankees have placed outfielder Curtis Granderson on the 15-day disabled list with a broken knuckle on his left pinky finger. He suffered the injury in Friday's game against the Rays when he was hit by a pitch from Cesar Ramos in the fifth inning. Manager Joe Girardi says Granderson could be out a minimum of four weeks.
TORONTO (AP) -- Right-hander Pedro Strop is on Baltimore's 15-day disabled list with a strained lower back. He was a key part of Baltimore's bullpen during last year's playoff season, when he went 5-2 with a 2.44 ERA in a career-high 70 games. Strop has struggled this year, going 0-2 with a 6.11 ERA in 22 games.
MEMPHIS (AP) -- Playing in front of their own fans the Memphis Grizzlies are looking tonight to get their first win against the Spurs in the NBA's Western Conference final. The Spurs won the first two games, played in San Antonio, 105-83 and 93-89. The second game took overtime to decide.
Being down 2-0 isn't new to the Grizzlies as they trailed the Clippers by that margin before roaring back to take the series in six games and advance against the Spurs.
The challenge now is tougher because no NBA team has won two series in the same postseason after trailing 0-2.
Game 4 in the series will be played Monday in Memphis.
UNDATED (AP) -- Both Boston and Detroit can advance to the next round of the Stanley Cup playoffs with a win today.
The Bruins-Rangers game is up first with Boston leading the New Yorkers 3-1 in their best of seven Eastern Conference semifinal. The Rangers kept their meager hopes alive with a 4-3 win in overtime Thursday night. Today's game is in Boston.
The Pittsburgh Penguins await the winner of the Boston-New York series. The Penguins advanced to the Eastern final by eliminating Ottawa in five games with a 6-2 win last night.
The Red Wings are on the verge of eliminating the Chicago Blackhawks. Chicago had a great regular season but faces elimination tonight with a loss on the home-ice. The Wings took a 3-1 series lead in their Western semifinal with a 2-0 win Thursday. After dropping the first game in Chicago, the Red Wings have won three straight.
PHOENIX (AP) -- The NHL has approved the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to a group of Canadian-led investors.
Two people familiar with the deal tell The Associated Press that the deal is contingent on the group reaching a lease agreement with the city of Glendale, Ariz. They said NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, deputy commissioner Bill Daly and the prospective buyers will meet with Glendale officials on Tuesday for talks on a lease.
The NHL bought the Coyotes out of U.S. Bankruptcy Court in 2009 and has tried without success to find a buyer who would keep the team in Glendale.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Matt Kuchar (KOO'-char) is on top of the PGA leaderboard during the third round of the Colonial. He stands 1-under for the day after four holes and is 11-under for the tournament. He leads Jordan Spieth and Graham DaLaet by one stroke. They have each completed four holes as well.
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) -- Australia's Lindsey Wright remains on top of the LPGA event leaderboard in the Bahamas. She is 8-under for the day through 12 holes and 9-under for the tournament.
Several players are on the course at 6-under.
SENIOR PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Lefty Russ Cochran and Kenny Perry start third round play at in the Senior PGA Championship tied for the lead at 7-under par after 36 holes.
Japan's Kiyoshi Murota (ky-YOH'-shee myoo-ROH'-tah) is two strokes back. Jay Haas, Duffy Waldorf and Loren Roberts are three off the lead.
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!