Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
High school football season is right around the corner and the prep fields around the area were alive today for the first day of practice. At Dwyer High School, the goal remains the same, a state title. After reaching the state semifinal last year the Panthers are hungry to get back to the state title game. While its hard to be disappointed with a 12-2 final record, the panthers return 16 starters this season and know the work it will take to reach their goal of the schools second state title.
Monday, August 6 2012, 09:25 PM EDT
Last Update on May 19, 2013 19:01 GMT
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Game 1 of the best-of-seven NBA Western Conference final is taking place this afternoon in San Antonio. The Spurs are facing the Memphis Grizzlies with the winner moving on to the NBA Finals.
The Spurs advanced from the semifinals with a 4-2 series win over Golden State while the Grizzles eliminated Oklahoma City in five games.
The Spurs and Grizzlies had almost identical seasons. The Spurs finished with a record of 58-24 with a mark of 35-6 at home and 23-18 on the road. The Grizzlies were 56-26 with 32 wins against nine losses at home. On the road they were 24-17.
In the Southwest Division the Spurs finished first while the Grizzlies were second.
UNDATED (AP) -- There are two Stanley Cup playoff games today and each involves teams from the Eastern Conference.
In first game of the day, the Bruins are playing host to the Rangers. This is the second game of the best-of-seven series. Playing on the home ice, the Bruins beat the Rangers in the opening game 3-2 in overtime three days ago.
For the Penguins and Senators, it'll be Game 3 tonight in Ottawa. The Penguins won the first two games in Pittsburgh, 4-1 and 4-3.
UNDATED (AP) -- Tampa Bay's Matt Moore is going for his eighth win of the season this afternoon as the Rays are playing the Orioles in Baltimore. Moore is off to a perfect 7-0 start to the season.
Cleveland's Justin Masterson is looking for his seventh victory today as the Indians play host to Seattle. He is facing 5-2 Felix Hernandez.
The Toronto at New York game was postponed because of rain.
The lone night game on the card has Detroit playing the Rangers in Arlington, Texas.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Qualifying for the May 26 Indianapolis 500 continues today. Ed Carpenter grabbed the pole yesterday with a four-lap average of 228.762 mph in the No. 20 Chevrolet. He held off such marquee outfits as Team Penske and Andretti Autosport, who combined to claim the next eight spots.
Carpenter is the stepson of IndyCar founder Tony George.
The winner a year ago was Dario Franchitti (DAH'-ree-oh fran-KEE'-tee).
PGA-BYRON NELSON CHAMPIONSHIP
IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Sang-Moon Bae has moved into the lead during the final round of the PGA's Byron Nelson Championship. He is 1-under for the day after three holes and 13-under for the tournament. Third-round leader Keegan Bradley is one over for the day after three and has fallen to 12-under.
Louis Oosthuizen (WUHST'-hy-zehn), the 2010 winner of the British Open, withdrew from the Nelson before the final round because of a neck issue. He was at 3-under 207 and tied for 32nd place after shooting even-par 70 in the third round. Oosthuizen entered the Nelson with the No. 7 world ranking, the highest-ranked player in the field.
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) -- Chella Choi is the leader as the fourth round of the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic in Alabama begins. Choi shot a 6-under 66 for a 17-under total, one shot ahead of Anna Nordqvist and second-round leader Jessica Korda.
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
Tonight on CBS12
The Amazing Race 22
The Good Wife