High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
WEST PALM BEACH – CBS12 Friday Night Blitz will blanket the area with cameras and highlights. At Park Vista, the Cobras "can't wait" to get started. After compiling the first undefeated regular season in school history last year, Park Vista fell in the regional quarterfinals. The Cobras have made the change from a pro style offense this year to the spread, and "everyone" at Park Vista thinks the change on offense will help this squad. The Cobras "kick off" the season off Friday night at home against Santaluces.
Wednesday, August 29 2012, 08:10 PM EDT
Last Update on May 23, 2013 14:54 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- The Boston Bruins can clinch a spot in the NHL's Eastern Conference final with a win tonight in New York. The Bruins top the Rangers 3-0 in their best-of-seven series. If a fifth a game is called for, it will be played in Boston Saturday afternoon.
In Western Conference play this evening the Blackhawks will attempt to square things at 2-2 in their best-of-seven semifinal with Detroit. After winning the opening game 4-1, the Blackhawks have dropped the last two games, 4-1 and 3-1. Tonight's game is being played in Detroit's Joe Louis Arena.
And in Los Angeles this evening the Kings and Sharks are facing off in the fifth game of their Western semi. The home team has won every game, which means the series is tied at 2-2. The sixth game is slated for Sunday in San Jose.
UNDATED (AP) -- Terry Francona is back in Boston. The former Red Sox skipper brings his new team, the Indians, to town tonight for the first of a three-game weekend series. Francona managed the Sox in 2011 and sat out last season working for ESPN. Both teams are doing well this year. The Indians lead the American League Central while the Sox are a half-game back of first-place New York in the East.
Joe Blanton of the Angels is hoping for a good outing tonight. He starts the day looking for his first win of the season after losing his first seven decisions. The Angels are facing the Royals in Kansas City.
It's a light schedule of play as just five games are on the schedule. The lone day game has Chicago's Cubs playing the Pirates in Pittsburgh. The other two night games have Baltimore at Toronto and Minnesota at Detroit.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- The first round of the PGA's Colonial in Fort Worth, Texas, has begun. A year ago Zach Johnson finished first for the first of two wins on the PGA Tour last year. The winner last week at the Byron Nelson was South Korea's Sang-Moon Bae.
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
Tonight on CBS12
The Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
Person of Interest