Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
Story by John Evenson / CBS 12 Sports
Our first Game of the Week of the season features a match-up that is highly regarded as the best in the east against the best in the west. Both the Dwyer and Glades Central football teams are well known for consistently producing BCS and NFL stars, and there is no shortage of talent on the teams entering this season. Both teams consider anything less than a State Championship as a disappointment.
In my eyes its a good way to start the season, says Glades Central running back Jerry Jones, because in the playoffs well be playing tougher teams than this, so its a good way to get prepared.
You know theyre gonna come to play, says Glades Central head coach Roosevelt Blackmon, because theyve got a chip on their shoulders.
That chip on Dwyers shoulder in courtesy of a 44-13 Kickoff Classic loss to Miami Central this past Saturday. The Panthers were not happy about giving up 175 yards worth of penalties, and they turned over the ball too much for their liking.
We gave up plays against Miami Central, agrees Dwyer head coach Jack Daniels, two pass plays, and were not like that. We dont usually do that, but Glades Central will exploit you in the same way.
Wednesday, August 28 2013, 03:02 PM EDT
Last Update on January 31, 2015 14:14 GMT
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) -- Serena Williams won her 19th Grand Slam title, continued her unbeaten run in six Australian Open finals and extended her decade-long domination of Maria Sharapova with a commanding 6-3, 7-6 (5) win on Saturday night.
Williams, coughing frequently and still affected by a recent cold, returned from a 13-minute rain interruption in the first set and fired an ace to start a run of six straight points. She was broken while serving for the set but broke Sharapova for a third time to clinch it.
The 33-year-old Williams, the oldest winner of the Australian women's title in the Open era, clinched the match on her third match point with an ace.
She is now second only to Steffi Graf on the list of major winners in the Open era. Graf has 22 victories.
TENNIS-AUSTRALIAN OPEN-MEN'S DOUBLES
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) -- Fabio Fognini (FAH'-bee-oh fohn-YEE'-nee) and Simone Bolelli (sih-MOH'-nay boh-LEL'-ee) became the first all-Italian team to capture a Grand Slam men's doubles title in more than 50 years after beating French pair Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-4, 6-4 in the Australian Open final on Saturday.
The last Italians to win a men's doubles title at a major were Nicola Pietrangeli and Orlando Sirola at the 1959 French Open.
Fognini and Bolelli had come close before, reaching the semifinals at the 2011 U.S. Open and 2013 Australian Open.
Mahut and Herbert were playing in just their third event as a combination and had never won a match together before the Australian Open.
They were attempting to become just the sixth all-French team to win a Grand Slam doubles title, and the first since 2004.
UNDATED (AP) -- The Atlanta Hawks barely made the NBA playoffs last season, capturing the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference with a 38-44 record. The Hawks already have passed last year's win total, thanks to an 18-game winning streak that puts them atop the entire league at 39-8, 1 1/2 games ahead of Golden State.
Paul Millsap scored 21 points and Al Horford had 17 as the Hawks downed the Trail Blazers 105-99 to extend their franchise-record winning streak. Millsap and Mike Scott hit 3-pointers to give Atlanta a 97-91 lead. The Hawks trailed after each of the first three quarters before outscoring the Blazers 36-25 in the final period.
The Hawks' winning streak began after a loss to Milwaukee on Dec. 26.
The Warriors entered the week as the NBA's top team before dropping back-to-back games, including Friday's 110-100 setback at Utah. Gordon Hayward scored 26 points and grabbed 15 rebounds while the Jazz held Klay Thompson to 12 points. The Jazz also got a huge lift from the bench with 17 points from Trevor Booker and 15 from Trey Burke.
In other NBA action:
-- Toronto blew a 17-point lead in the second half before Amir Johnson made the tiebreaking basket with 41 seconds left to help the Raptors complete a 127-122 win at Brooklyn. DeMar DeRozan scored 26 points, Lou Williams chipped in 25 and Johnson had 24 in the Raptors' fifth straight win.
-- Eric Gordon scored 28 points and New Orleans halted the Clippers' six-game winning streak by downing Los Angeles 108-103. The Pelicans shot 13-for-25 from 3-point range to pull out a victory while Anthony Davis sat out with a sore left groin.
-- Rick Carlisle has his 600th career coaching victory after the Dallas Mavericks put together a ridiculous 37-2 run in the second half of a 93-72 rout of Miami. Charlie Villanueva scored 20 points for the Mavericks, who trailed by 16 in the third quarter before snapping a four-game skid.
-- Cleveland has a nine-game winning streak after Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and LeBron James combined for 63 points in a 101-90 verdict over Sacramento. Love scored 16 of his team-high 23 points in the first quarter, Irving finished with 21 and James added 19 in his return from a sprained wrist.
-- Eric Bledsoe provided 23 points and Goran Dragic (DRAH'-gihch) had 21 as Phoenix held off Chicago 99-93. Bulls guard Derrick Rose also has 23 points but missed 15 of his 23 shots.
-- Donatas Motiejunas (doh-NAH'-tahs moh-tee-YOO'-nuhs) scored 10 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter of Houston's fourth straight win, 93-87 at Boston. Motiejunas also had 12 rebounds as the Rockets improved to 17-7 on the road, best in the Western Conference.
-- Michael Carter-Williams had a triple-double with 17 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists to lead Philadelphia's 103-94 win over Minnesota.
UNDATED (AP) -- NBA commissioner Adam Silver has chosen Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins to replace injured Lakers guard Kobe Bryant on the Western Conference All-Star team. Cousins will play in the showcase for the first time and become the first King to appear in an All-Star game since Brad Miller and Peja Stojakovic (PAY'-zhah stoy-AH'-koh-vihch) in 2004. Western Conference coach and Golden State bench boss Steve Kerr will decide who replaces Bryant in the starting lineup.
NFL-STATE OF LEAGUE
PHOENIX (AP) -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell (guh-DEHL') held his Super Bowl news conference today and touched on a number of topics as the league wraps up a very tumultuous season.
He says that even if no competitive advantage was gained, the New England Patriots could be hit with increased penalties if the league investigation finds they violated rules by deflating footballs in the AFC championship game.
Goodell says at his annual pre-Super Bowl news conference Friday: "We have rules. We're a league of rules."
The league appointed lawyer Ted Wells to look into what happened to the Patriots' footballs during the 45-7 victory over the Colts that sent New England to the Super Bowl.
Goodell described his league and himself as having addressed missteps on difficult matters such as domestic violence and being ready to move on. He brushed aside a question about whether there are conflict-of-interest problems with paying those who head up "independent" investigations like the one involving Ray Rice.
The commissioner adds that the league has not looked at any specific team that might want to move to Los Angeles.
PHOENIX (AP) -- Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says it will be star cornerback Richard Sherman's decision whether to play in Sunday's Super Bowl if his pregnant girlfriend goes into labor with the couple's first child sooner than expected.
Carroll said during a joint news conference with New England coach Bill Belichick that family comes first and "if (Sherman) is faced with that decision, we'll support him."
Carroll's comment regarding Sherman was the biggest news to come out of the final media availability with the coaches as both were extremely complementary of the other. Patriots coach Bill Belichick says preparing his team to face the defending Super Bowl champions has been a huge challenge, adding that the Seahawks do so many things well on so many levels.
PHOENIX (AP) -- Denver quarterback Peyton Manning says he hasn't decided if he will return next season, saying he's taking some time to assess some things about his future. Manning said before the playoffs that he would play another season, but he admitted to his uncertainty after the Broncos were beaten by Indianapolis.
New Denver head coach Gary Kubiak (KOO'-bee-ak) and Denver vice president John Elway have urged Manning to take his time before making a decision.
TOP-25 MEN'S BASKETBALL-SCHEDULE
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Arizona was the lone top-25 men's basketball team in action on Friday, and the sixth-ranked Wildcats picked up their 34th consecutive home win by holding Oregon State to 28 percent shooting in a 57-34 silencing of the Beavers.
T.J. McConnell had a career-high eight steals, seven points and six assists, while Brandon Ashley delivered a team-best 12 points for Arizona. The Wildcats also held Beavers leading scorer Gary Payton II to six points on 3-of-13 shooting
UNDATED (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Penguins were just minutes away from a shutout loss in New Jersey. Instead, they climbed within one point of the Metropolitan Division-leading New York Islanders.
Simon Despres (see-MOHN' deh-PRAY') scored at 2:21 of overtime to complete the Penguins' comeback in a 2-1 triumph over the Devils. The Pens trailed 1-0 until Chris Kunitz (KOO'-nits) knotted the score with 3:11 left in regulation.
Pittsburgh outshot the Devils 43-14 in winning for only the second time in its last seven games.
Also on ice:
-- Colorado knocked off Nashville 3-0 as Semyon Varlamov (SEHM'-yahn vahr-LAH'-mahv) made 23 saves for his fourth shutout of the season. The Avalanche improved to 8-3-3 in their last 14 games and prevented the Predators from pulling into a first-place tie with Anaheim in the Western Conference.
-- St. Louis coughed up a 2-0 lead before Kevin Shattenkirk scored the only shootout goal in the Blues' 3-2 victory at Carolina. St. Louis appeared poised to blow out the Hurricanes when Ryan Reaves and David Backes (BAK'-ehs) scored in the first 3:25, but the Hurricanes made the Blues work for their fourth consecutive victory and ninth in 10 games.
-- The Blues and Chicago are two points behind the first-place Predators in the Central Division after Patrick Kane furnished two goals and an assist in the Blackhawks' 4-1 win over the Ducks. Patrick Sharp had four assists to help the Hawks improve to 2-1 on their seven-game road trip.
-- Chris Higgins had a goal and an assist as Vancouver topped Buffalo 5-3 to move into sole possession of third place in the Pacific Division, one point behind San Jose. The Sabres extended their franchise-worst losing streak to 14 games.
VANCOUVER (AP) -- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman says advertisements could be included on jerseys at the 2016 World Cup of Hockey, calling it a valuable opportunity. None of North America's four major professional sports leagues currently place ads on their jerseys, but the practice is widespread elsewhere in the world. Bettman said it won't be happening any time soon in the NHL.
UNDATED (AP) -- Orioles first baseman Steve Pearce has avoided salary arbitration and agreed to a one-year, $3.7 million package. Pearce hit .293 for Baltimore last year and set career bests with 21 homers and 49 RBIs.
Also in the majors:
-- Free agent pitcher Alexi Ogando (oh-GAHN'-doh) and the Boston Red Sox have reached agreement on a one-year deal, pending a physical. The 31-year-old Ogando went 2-3 with a 6.84 ERA in 27 relief appearances for Texas last season, missing much of the year because of an injured right elbow. Ogando made his major league debut in 2010 with Texas and was an AL All-Star the next season.
-- The Atlanta Braves have dealt right-handed pitchers David Hale and Gus Schlosser to Colorado for minor league catchers Jose Briceno and Chris O'Dowd. Hale pitched 45 games for the Braves last season, going 4-5 with a 3.30 ERA.
-- The New York Yankees and right-hander Scott Baker have agreed to a one-year minor league contract. Baker had Tommy John surgery in 2012 and mostly pitched out of the bullpen last year for the Rangers.
- Girls Hoops District Tourney: Vero Beach 58 Centennial 44
- American Heritage faces familiar foe for state championship
- Wellington gets blanked in Regional Finals at Flanagan
- St. Thomas Aquinas shuts door on Royal Palm's season
- American Heritage dominates CCC to advance to Citrus Bowl
- Indian Rocks ends Glades Day's season
- Blaze Thompson steps down as Pahokee's head coach
- Royal Palm ready to tackle titan St. Thomas Aquinas Friday
- Wellington preparing for shootout in first trip to Regional Finals
- Playoffs Week 2 Game of the Week: JCS 0 Glades Day 41
- Playoffs Week 2: Clewiston 21 Cocoa Beach 26
- Playoffs Week 2: Vero Beach 28 Manatee 47
- Playoffs Week 2: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 28
- Playoffs Week 2: American Heritage 23 Westminster Christian 7
- Playoffs Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Wellington 16
- Playoffs Week 2: Glades Central 7 Booker T. Washington 35
- Playoffs Week 1 Game of the Week: Park Vista 29 Wellington 53
- Playoffs Week 1: Chaminade 21 American Heritage 58
- Playoffs Week 1: Dade Christian 0 Glades Day 28
- Playoffs Week 1: Gulliver Prep 13 Glades Central 32
- Playoffs Week 1: Ft. Lauderdale 13 Royal Palm 44
- Playoffs Week 1: Atlantic 21 Blanche Ely 13
- Playoffs Week 1: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Palm Beach Central 20
- Week 11 Game of the Week: Glades Central 23 Pahokee 14
- Week 11: Palm Beach Central 30 Palm Beach Gardens 28
- Week 11: St. Edward's 6 Jupiter Christian 48
- Week 11: Seminole Ridge 26 Royal Palm Beach 42
- Week 11: Jupiter 12 South Fork 33
- Week 11: North Broward Prep 14 Oxbridge Academy 57
- Week 11: Okeechobee 7 Clewiston 44
- Week 11: John I. Leonard 28 Wellington 49
- Week 10 Game of the Week: Wellington 23 Palm Beach Gardens 17
- Week 10: Jupiter Christian 24 Boca Raton Christian 7
- Week 10: Dwyer 22 West Boca Raton 24
- Week 10: American Heritage 48 Cardinal Newman 3
- Week 10: Port St. Lucie 13 South Fork 28
- Week 10: Vero Beach 35 Centennial 0
- Week 10: Royal Palm Beach 42 Palm Beach Lakes 7
- Week 10: Lake Worth 14 Atlantic 33
- PREVIEW: Game Of The Week-- Wellington at Palm Beach Gardens
- Week 9 Game of the Week: Glades Day 7 Clewiston 41
- Week 9: American Heritage (Plantation) 35 American Heritage (Delray) 45
- Week 9: Spanish River 20 Palm Beach Central 40
- Week 9: Palm Beach Lakes 18 Forest Hill 19
- Week 9: West Boca Raton 7 Lake Worth 28
- Week 9: Northwestern 7 Glades Central 17
- Week 9: Boca Raton 14 Park Vista 27
- Week 9: Dwyer 26 Atlantic 37
- (PREVIEW) Game of the Week: Glades Day at Clewiston
- Palm Beach Gardens' Coney picks Notre Dame
- Week 8 Game of the Week: North Broward Prep 6 Oxbridge Academy 44
- Week 8: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Jupiter 7
- Week 8: John I. Leonard 7 Palm Beach Central 17
- Week 8: Forest Hill 6 Royal Palm Beach 35
- Week 8: Lake Worth 7 Dwyer 28
- Week 8: Benjamin 13 King's Academy 49
- Week 8: Santaluces 14 Boca Raton 27
- Week 8: Atlantic 13 West Boca Raton 0
- Week 8: Suncoast 0 Boynton Beach 42
- Week 8: Glades Day 50 Boca Raton Christian 13
- PREVIEW: North Broward Prep vs Oxbridge Academy
- Week 7: Palm Beach Gardens 20 Glades Central 40
- Week 7 Game of the Week: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 44
- Week 7: Somerset Academy 6 Glades Day 28
- Week 7: West Boca Raton 80 Olympic Heights 3
- Week 7: Dillard 12 Boynton Beach 22
- Week 7: Dwyer 33 Forest Hill 0
- Week 7: Pahokee 44 Boca Raton 27
- Game Of The Week: Atlantic at Royal Palm Beach
- Thursday Night Football: Lake Worth 27 Palm Beach Lakes 16
- Game of the Week: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6: Somerset Academy 0 Glades Central 50
- Village Academy at Boca Raton Christian (preview)
- Week 6: Seminole 24 Palm Beach Gardens 24
- Week 6: Wellington 41 Jupiter 0
- Week 6: Pahokee 14 American Heritage 51
- Week 6: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6 High School Football Blitz Preview
- Week 5 Game of the Week: Glades Day 35 John Carroll 0
- Week 5: Key West 12 Oxbridge Academy 43
- Week 5: George Jenkins 7 Vero Beach 48
- Week 5: Don Bosco Prep 41 Ft. Pierce Central 14
- Week 5: University School 21 Jupiter Christian 14
- Week 5: Palm Beach Central 28 Seminole Ridge 14
- Week 5: Royal Palm Beach 49 Lake Worth 6
- Week 5: Glades Central 41 Suncoast 6
- Week 5: Boca Raton 0 Palm Beach Gardens 31
- Week 5: Stranahan 27 Boynton Beach 54
- Week 5: Olympic Heights 0 Dwyer 53
- Friday Night Blitz Game Of The Week 5: GLADES DAY at JOHN CARROLL (Preview)
- Week 5 Blitz Top 10
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
US economy slows to 2.6 percent growth in fourth quarter
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. economy slowed in the final three months of 2014 as a big burst in consumer spending was offset by weakness in other areas.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
SUGE KNIGHT KILLS MAN WITH CAR
COMPTON, Calif. (AP) -- There are a lot of conflicting accounts about what happened yesterday when Suge (SHUG) Knight was behind the wheel of a vehicle that hit two men, killing one of them.
SUPER BOWL-FIRE ALARM
CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP) -- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady isn't losing any sleep -- at least not when the fire alarm goes off.
IN THE NEWS: REPORTER CLAIMS COMPUTER WAS HACKED BY FEDS
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A Justice Department official is disputing claims by a former CBS News correspondent that the Feds secretly monitored her personal computer.
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Amazing Race
9 PM -- Hawaii Five-0
10 PM -- Blue Bloods