Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
Story by John Evenson / CBS 12 Sports
Our first Game of the Week of the season features a match-up that is highly regarded as the best in the east against the best in the west. Both the Dwyer and Glades Central football teams are well known for consistently producing BCS and NFL stars, and there is no shortage of talent on the teams entering this season. Both teams consider anything less than a State Championship as a disappointment.
In my eyes its a good way to start the season, says Glades Central running back Jerry Jones, because in the playoffs well be playing tougher teams than this, so its a good way to get prepared.
You know theyre gonna come to play, says Glades Central head coach Roosevelt Blackmon, because theyve got a chip on their shoulders.
That chip on Dwyers shoulder in courtesy of a 44-13 Kickoff Classic loss to Miami Central this past Saturday. The Panthers were not happy about giving up 175 yards worth of penalties, and they turned over the ball too much for their liking.
We gave up plays against Miami Central, agrees Dwyer head coach Jack Daniels, two pass plays, and were not like that. We dont usually do that, but Glades Central will exploit you in the same way.
Wednesday, August 28 2013, 03:02 PM EDT
Last Update on November 28, 2014 11:33 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- The Dallas Cowboys couldn't enjoy their Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, but they certainly had the stuffing knocked out of them by the Philadelphia Eagles.
Mark Sanchez threw for a touchdown and ran for another, both in the first quarter of the Eagles' 33-10 rout of the Cowboys near Dallas. Sanchez capped Philadelphia's first series with a two-yard scoring run and later threw a 27-yard pass to Jordan Matthews to make it 14-0 later in the period. He was 20 of 29 for 217 yards and no interceptions.
LeSean McCoy also ripped through the Dallas defense with 159 yards on 25 carries, including a 38-yard TD run in the third quarter. The Eagles wound up with 256 rushing yards while holding the Cowboys to just 267 total yards.
Tony Romo was held in check, throwing for just 199 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions.
The 9-3 Eagles now lead the NFC East by one game over the Cowboys.
San Francisco had a tough time dealing with Seahawks instead of turkeys.
Richard Sherman picked off two passes and Steven Hauschka (HOWSH'-kah) kicked four field goals as Seattle stifled the Niners 19-3. Sherman's first interception set up Russell Wilson's 13-yard TD pass to Robert Turbin late in the first quarter. The second pick snuffed out a potential 49ers drive late in the game.
Russell Wilson passed for 236 yards and thoroughly outplayed Colin Kaepernick (KAP'-ur-nik), who had one of his worst performances for the 49ers. Kaepernick was 16 of 29 for just 121 yards.
The 8-4 Seahawks are one game ahead of San Francisco for second place in the NFC West. Seattle can move one game behind first-place Arizona if the Cardinals lose Sunday in Atlanta.
The Detroit Lions were quite thankful for the return of their offense.
Calvin Johnson had a pair of touchdown receptions and Joique (JOYK) Bell ran for two scores as the Lions whipped Chicago 34-17. The Lions trailed 14-3 until Johnson grabbed two scoring passes during Detroit's 21-point second quarter. Johnson caught 11 passes for 146 yards to help the Lions come within one point of their season high, set in a 35-14 rout of the Giants in their season opener.
Matthew Stafford went 34 of 45 for 390 yards as Detroit improved to 8-4.
Jay Cutler threw two TD passes for the 5-7 Bears.
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald said it's "highly likely" he will be able to play Sunday against Atlanta, then backtracked and said it's not his call whether his sprained right knee will be sufficiently healed. The eight-time Pro Bowl wide receiver has not practiced for two weeks and sat out last week's loss at Dallas, snapping a streak of 110 consecutive games played.
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- TCU has given the College Football Playoff selection committee another reason to consider them as one of the semifinalists.
The sixth-ranked Horned Frogs are 10-1 after Trevone Boykin passed for two touchdowns and ran for another in a 48-10 rout of Texas in Austin. TCU also forced six turnovers, five by Longhorns quarterback Tyrone Swoopes. Defensive end Terrell Lathan scored the game's first touchdown on a 40-yard fumble return, and defensive end Josh Carraway returned an interception for the final touchdown.
UNDATED (AP) -- Second-ranked Wisconsin has advanced to the Battle 4 Atlantic semifinals.
Nigel Hayes capped his 15-point performance with an acrobatic tip-in with 20 seconds left in Wisconsin's 68-65 triumph over Georgetown. Sam Dekkar scored 17 points for the Badgers, who trailed by nine before going on a 22-6 run. Wisconsin will face Oklahoma in Friday's title game.
In other Top-25:
-- North Carolina won a battle of top-25 teams as Marcus Paige scored 21 points and had five assists as the fifth-ranked Tar Heels whipped No. 22 UCLA 78-56. Justin Jackson scored 12 points for the Heels, who closed the first half on a 32-11 run and bounced back from Wednesday's loss to unranked Butler.
-- Kansas won its first-round game at the Orlando Classic as Perry Ellis scored 17 points to lead the 11th-ranked Jayhawks past Rhode Island 76-60. Ellis had 11 points in the opening 20 minutes to help Kansas cruise to a 43-25 halftime lead. Frank Mason III added 12 points for the 3-1 Jayhawks, who have won two straight since a 72-40 loss to No. 1 Kentucky last week.
-- Michael Frazier scored 14 points and Chris Chiozza chipped in 13 points as 18th-ranked Florida beat Alabama-Birmingham 56-47 in the consolation round at the Battle 4 Atlantis. The Gators missed 10 of their first 11 shots in the second half but scored the game's last 11 points to win.
-- Denzel Valentine had a career-high 19 points and Bryn Forbes added 15 to carry No. 20 Michigan State to a 77-45 laugher against Rider in the first round of the Orlando Classic. Valentine hit two long-range jumpers and Forbes added a third that extended the Spartans advantage to 43-15 3 minutes into the second half.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The Nashville Predators are within one point of the NHL's Western Conference lead after winning for the eighth time in their last 10 games.
Filip Forsberg scored his 10th goal of the season at 3:55 of overtime to lift the Predators over Edmonton 1-0. Pekka Rinne (PEH'-kah REE'-nay) turned back 37 shots in his second shutout of the season and 34th of his career. Rinne extended the game with a brilliant save on Jordan Eberle's (EB'-ur-leez) penalty shot early in OT.
The Oilers fell to 0-6-2 in their last eight games.
- Blaze Thompson steps down as Pahokee's head coach
- Royal Palm ready to tackle titan St. Thomas Aquinas Friday
- Wellington preparing for shootout in first trip to Regional Finals
- Playoffs Week 2 Game of the Week: JCS 0 Glades Day 41
- Playoffs Week 2: Clewiston 21 Cocoa Beach 26
- Playoffs Week 2: Vero Beach 28 Manatee 47
- Playoffs Week 2: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 28
- Playoffs Week 2: American Heritage 23 Westminster Christian 7
- Playoffs Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Wellington 16
- Playoffs Week 2: Glades Central 7 Booker T. Washington 35
- Playoffs Week 1 Game of the Week: Park Vista 29 Wellington 53
- Playoffs Week 1: Chaminade 21 American Heritage 58
- Playoffs Week 1: Dade Christian 0 Glades Day 28
- Playoffs Week 1: Gulliver Prep 13 Glades Central 32
- Playoffs Week 1: Ft. Lauderdale 13 Royal Palm 44
- Playoffs Week 1: Atlantic 21 Blanche Ely 13
- Playoffs Week 1: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Palm Beach Central 20
- Week 11 Game of the Week: Glades Central 23 Pahokee 14
- Week 11: Palm Beach Central 30 Palm Beach Gardens 28
- Week 11: St. Edward's 6 Jupiter Christian 48
- Week 11: Seminole Ridge 26 Royal Palm Beach 42
- Week 11: Jupiter 12 South Fork 33
- Week 11: North Broward Prep 14 Oxbridge Academy 57
- Week 11: Okeechobee 7 Clewiston 44
- Week 11: John I. Leonard 28 Wellington 49
- Week 10 Game of the Week: Wellington 23 Palm Beach Gardens 17
- Week 10: Jupiter Christian 24 Boca Raton Christian 7
- Week 10: Dwyer 22 West Boca Raton 24
- Week 10: American Heritage 48 Cardinal Newman 3
- Week 10: Port St. Lucie 13 South Fork 28
- Week 10: Vero Beach 35 Centennial 0
- Week 10: Royal Palm Beach 42 Palm Beach Lakes 7
- Week 10: Lake Worth 14 Atlantic 33
- PREVIEW: Game Of The Week-- Wellington at Palm Beach Gardens
- Week 9 Game of the Week: Glades Day 7 Clewiston 41
- Week 9: American Heritage (Plantation) 35 American Heritage (Delray) 45
- Week 9: Spanish River 20 Palm Beach Central 40
- Week 9: Palm Beach Lakes 18 Forest Hill 19
- Week 9: West Boca Raton 7 Lake Worth 28
- Week 9: Northwestern 7 Glades Central 17
- Week 9: Boca Raton 14 Park Vista 27
- Week 9: Dwyer 26 Atlantic 37
- (PREVIEW) Game of the Week: Glades Day at Clewiston
- Palm Beach Gardens' Coney picks Notre Dame
- Week 8 Game of the Week: North Broward Prep 6 Oxbridge Academy 44
- Week 8: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Jupiter 7
- Week 8: John I. Leonard 7 Palm Beach Central 17
- Week 8: Forest Hill 6 Royal Palm Beach 35
- Week 8: Lake Worth 7 Dwyer 28
- Week 8: Benjamin 13 King's Academy 49
- Week 8: Santaluces 14 Boca Raton 27
- Week 8: Atlantic 13 West Boca Raton 0
- Week 8: Suncoast 0 Boynton Beach 42
- Week 8: Glades Day 50 Boca Raton Christian 13
- PREVIEW: North Broward Prep vs Oxbridge Academy
- Week 7: Palm Beach Gardens 20 Glades Central 40
- Week 7 Game of the Week: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 44
- Week 7: Somerset Academy 6 Glades Day 28
- Week 7: West Boca Raton 80 Olympic Heights 3
- Week 7: Dillard 12 Boynton Beach 22
- Week 7: Dwyer 33 Forest Hill 0
- Week 7: Pahokee 44 Boca Raton 27
- Game Of The Week: Atlantic at Royal Palm Beach
- Thursday Night Football: Lake Worth 27 Palm Beach Lakes 16
- Game of the Week: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6: Somerset Academy 0 Glades Central 50
- Village Academy at Boca Raton Christian (preview)
- Week 6: Seminole 24 Palm Beach Gardens 24
- Week 6: Wellington 41 Jupiter 0
- Week 6: Pahokee 14 American Heritage 51
- Week 6: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6 High School Football Blitz Preview
- Week 5 Game of the Week: Glades Day 35 John Carroll 0
- Week 5: Key West 12 Oxbridge Academy 43
- Week 5: George Jenkins 7 Vero Beach 48
- Week 5: Don Bosco Prep 41 Ft. Pierce Central 14
- Week 5: University School 21 Jupiter Christian 14
- Week 5: Palm Beach Central 28 Seminole Ridge 14
- Week 5: Royal Palm Beach 49 Lake Worth 6
- Week 5: Glades Central 41 Suncoast 6
- Week 5: Boca Raton 0 Palm Beach Gardens 31
- Week 5: Stranahan 27 Boynton Beach 54
- Week 5: Olympic Heights 0 Dwyer 53
- Friday Night Blitz Game Of The Week 5: GLADES DAY at JOHN CARROLL (Preview)
- Week 5 Blitz Top 10
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
Diplomats make trade deal to cut red tape, poverty
GENEVA (AP) -- The World Trade Organization has pulled off a major deal that could boost global commerce by $1 trillion annually after years of negotiation.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
"PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR" - BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH
NEW YORK (AP) -- Benedict Cumberbatch was alarmed that his character in "Penguins of Madagascar" didn't have a lot to him.
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Pity those poor folks in California, where they had to endure record heat while much of the nation shivered on Thanksgiving Day.
IN THE NEWS: APPLE WORTH $700 BILLION
NEW YORK (AP) -- Have an iPhone in your pocket?
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Amazing Race
9 PM -- Hawaii Five-0
10 PM -- Blue Bloods