Sue Cohn wins Palm Beach County Women's Amateur
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Sue Cohn wins her ninth Women's Amateur Championship by 12 strokes. She shoots an 82 at PGA National for the Palm Beach County Women's Amateur Championship.
Tuesday, May 1 2012, 02:34 PM EDT
Last Update on May 26, 2013 02:36 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- Tuukka Rask (TOO'-kah rask) stopped 28 shots, Gregory Campbell scored twice and the Boston Bruins beat the New York Rangers 3-1 in Game 5 to advance to the Eastern Conference finals.
Recent call-up Torey Krug scored his fourth goal of the series for Boston, which reached the third round of the NHL playoffs for the second time since 1992. The other was 2011, when the Bruins won the sixth Stanley Cup in franchise history.
The Bruins will face the Pittsburgh Penguins for the right to play for the Stanley Cup.
The Chicago Blackhawks are leading Detroit 4-1 late in a must-win game for the Blackhawks. Chicago had a great regular season but faces elimination tonight with a loss on the home-ice. The Wings took a 3-1 series lead in their Western semifinal with a 2-0 win Thursday. After dropping the first game in Chicago, the Red Wings have won three straight.
PHOENIX (AP) -- The NHL has approved the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to a group of Canadian-led investors.
Two people familiar with the deal tell The Associated Press that the deal is contingent on the group reaching a lease agreement with the city of Glendale, Ariz. They said NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, deputy commissioner Bill Daly and the prospective buyers will meet with Glendale officials on Tuesday for talks on a lease.
The NHL bought the Coyotes out of U.S. Bankruptcy Court in 2009 and has tried without success to find a buyer who would keep the team in Glendale.
UNDATED (AP) -- Joe Mauer homered and had three hits, helping the Minnesota Twins snap a 10-game losing streak with a 3-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers.
Mauer had already earned the ire of Detroit fans when he broke up Anibal Sanchez's no-hit bid in the ninth inning Friday night. He was booed when came to bat in the first inning Saturday -- then booed some more after his solo homer to right field.
The Twins scored three runs in the first, and that was enough. P.J. Walters to earn his first victory.
In other baseball:
-- Todd Frazier drove in a pair of runs with a sacrifice fly and a single, and the Cincinnati Reds used another big inning to beat the Chicago Cubs 5-2 for their fifth straight victory.
----Angel Pagan (pah-GAHN') hit a game-ending two-run inside-the-park home run to give the San Francisco Giants a 6-5 win over Colorado.
---- Lyle Overbay homered with two outs in the 11th inning, and the New York Yankees rallied past the Tampa Bay Rays 4-3.
---- Atlanta beat the New York Mets 7-5 in 10 innings of a game suspended from the night before. Dan Uggla hit an RBI single in the 10th inning.
---- The Angels are hot and the Royals are not. In Kansas City the Angels beat the Royals 7-0 giving L.A. a seven-game winning streak. During the streak the Angels have dominated opponents, outscoring them by a combined 54-18. The slumping Royals have lost 15 of 19, including seven straight at home. They have scored three runs or fewer in 12 of those defeats.
-- In Toronto the Orioles won for the fourth time in five games with a 6-5 win over the Blue Jays. Danny Valencia hit a two-run homer and Adam Jones added a solo shot for the Orioles who beat R.A. Dickey. Baltimore leads the majors with 68 home runs this season, including nine in the past three games. Dickey, last year's National League Cy Young Award winner with the Mets, fell to 4-6 on the season. Freddy Garcia got the win, his first against two losses.
-- Pinch-hitter Mike Carp drove in the tying run with an eighth-inning double and then scored on a double by Dustin Pedroia (peh-DROY'-uh) as the Red Sox rallied for a 7-4 victory over Cleveland. The Red Sox scored four times off reliever Vinnie Pestano, who took over with Cleveland leading 4-3 in the eighth.
---- Pittsburgh whacked Milwaukee 5-2. Pedro Alvarez hit two home runs, and Andrew McCutchen also went deep.
---- Conor Gillaspie hit a run-scoring single in the ninth inning to score Dewayne Wise, lifting the Chicago White Sox to a 2-1 win over Miami.
----Philadelphia trimmed Washington 5-3. Delmon Young singled home the go-ahead run in a two-run eighth inning rally off Drew Storen for the Phils.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- The Yankees have placed outfielder Curtis Granderson on the 15-day disabled list with a broken knuckle on his left pinky finger. He suffered the injury in Friday's game against the Rays when he was hit by a pitch from Cesar Ramos in the fifth inning. Manager Joe Girardi says Granderson could be out a minimum of four weeks.
TORONTO (AP) -- Right-hander Pedro Strop is on Baltimore's 15-day disabled list with a strained lower back. He was a key part of Baltimore's bullpen during last year's playoff season, when he went 5-2 with a 2.44 ERA in a career-high 70 games. Strop has struggled this year, going 0-2 with a 6.11 ERA in 22 games.
MEMPHIS (AP) -- Playing in front of their own fans the Memphis Grizzlies are looking tonight to get their first win against the Spurs in the NBA's Western Conference final. So far, so good for the Grizzlies. Memphis is leading San Antonio 44-40 at the half.
Being down 2-0 isn't new to the Grizzlies as they trailed the Clippers by that margin before roaring back to take the series in six games and advance against the Spurs.
The challenge now is tougher because no NBA team has won two series in the same postseason after trailing 0-2.
Game 4 in the series will be played Monday in Memphis.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Matt Kuchar (KOO'-char) has the lead after three rounds of the PGA's Colonial. He shot a 1-under-69 to finish 11-under par. Four players are in the clubhouses at 10-under. The group includes Chris Stroud, Matt Every, Boo Weekley and Graham DaLaet.
PARADISE ISLANDS, Bahamas (AP) -- Paola Moreno of Colombia played another bogey-free round on a 12-hole golf course and takes a one-shot lead in the Bahamas LPGA Classic.
Moreno has a one-shot lead over Lindsey Wright. Cristie Kerr was among 10 players within three shots of the lead, though they won't have as many holes to make up ground.
Because of flooding on the Ocean Club earlier in the week, the tournament is three rounds of 12 holes. The goal is to get in 36 holes by Sunday to make it official.
SENIOR PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Kenny Perry had an eagle, five birdies and four bogeys, in shooting a 3-under 68 and has a two-stroke lead after the third round of the Senior PGA Championship.
The 52-year-old Perry is trying for an elusive first major championship. He has a two-shot lead over two-time champion Jay Haas. Lefty Russ Cochran was three strokes back
FORMULA ONE-MONTE CARLO
MONTE CARLO, Monaco (AP) -- The most glamorous event on the Formula 1 circuit is Sunday in Monte Carlo and Nico Rosberg will start from the pole. It's the Monaco Grand Prix (pree) and Rosberg finished ahead of Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton in qualifying. Three-time defending series champion Sebastian Vettel was the third fastest qualifier with Red Bull teammate Mark Webber fourth.
This is the legendary race that runs through the streets of the city.
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- Kyle Busch raced to his sixth Nationwide Series victory of the season and record seventh career win at the 1.5-mile Charlotte Motor Speedway. He also was Truck Series winner at the track last week, his fifth victory in that circuit at Charlotte.
On Sunday, he looks to make it a clean sweep of all three series events with a win in the Coca-Cola 600. Denny Hamlin is the pole-sitter on Sunday.
- Will there be a Bowl Game in Boca Raton?
- Controversial powers of deer antler velvet
- Local high school baseball stars look to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Tennis Phenom 'Tornado' needs funding for the French Open
- John Evenson, Heat play-by-play voice Mike Inglis break down game one
- New Dolphins make debut at OTAs
- "LoMo" makes rehab stint in Jupiter
- Palm Beach State Baseball ready for World Series
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- Dolphins sign former Glades Central star
- Heat close out Bulls in 5
- 'The Beautiful Game' changing lives in Hobe Sound
- Delray Beach overflowing with young tennis talent
- Game 4 Preview: John Evenson talks with Sun Sentinel's Dave Hyde
- Athlete of the Week: Park Vista's Jason Tellex
- Dee says Dolphins moving to Palm Beach is a possibility
- Former NFL player McIntyre arrested in Port St. Lucie
- Jupiter & Kings Academy moving on in baseball, Park Vista volleyball onto States
- Bulls burn the Heat in Game One
- Sun Sentinel's Chris Perkins breaks down Dolphins Rookie Camp
- Seminole Ridge to face Jupiter in regional semifinal
- State house passes Spring Training Aid bill, stops Sun Life renovations
- Athlete of the Week: Morgan Lauer
- Dolphins rookie camp kicks off competitive offseason
- Bills' McIntyre hosting softball fundraiser in Port St. Lucie
- Heart condition pushes Juno Beach golfer
- Marlins dealt major blow as surging Stanton sidelined
- Palm Beach Central's Bostic picked by Bears in NFL Draft
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Bench-clearing hockey brawl
- Dolphins ring in new era with fresh uniforms and fresh draft pick
- Heat vs. Bucks, Game 2
- Palm Beach Central grad Jon Bostic ready for NFL draft
- Zacara defends U.S. Open Polo Title in front of a capacity crowd
- Positive Signs all around at FAU Spring Game
- LaCrosse takes Senior Amateur in playoff
- Wellington Jiu-Jitsu team strikes gold at World Championships
- Williams sisters feeling at home for Fed Cup
- Woulfe, Dew among Senior Am leaders after Round One
- Fed Cup team meets local elementary students
- Management giant IMG takes over Honda Classic
- Palm Beach State baseball star eyes Miami and the Majors
- World renowned Polo title game slated for Wellington this week
- Anquan Boldin and NFL friends get on the hardwood
- 9-year-old tennis talent battles diabetes on the court
- Anquan Boldin continues to give back to South Florida
- Legendary golf course designer Pete Dye in Port St. Lucie
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Marlins home opener sure to have a mixed vibe
- Wheelchair Tennis in Boca Raton looks for a boost
- Athlete of the Week: Jupiter's Kylee Hanson
- Students bowl with the Fins
- Florida Derby winner Orb a favorite for Kentucky Derby
- FAU survives scare from intracity 'rival'
- Palm Beach Central's McDermott commits to Miami
- Yankee fan builds ultimate South Florida Yankees 'man cave'
- NCAA Bracket Challenge, April 1
- Marlins ready to play ball and celebrate 20 years
- Athlete of the Week- Palm Beach Central's K.C. McDermott
- Orb wins Florida Derby; heading towards Kentucky Derby
- Spring Training ends in Jupiter
- Hurricanes lose in Sweet 16
- Gators ready to deal with Dunk City
- Big blasts lift Marlins over Nationals
- FGCU A.K.A "Dunk City" celebrates their Sweet 16 Eagles
- NCAA Bracket Challenge, March 25
- Tiger Woods back on top of golf with win at Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Palm Beach County Sports Hall of Fame expands in talent
- Stanton back to lead Marlins
- Local 8th grader competes with the world's best Polo players
- Marlins' McKeon backs Loria and off-season trades
- NCAA Bracket Challenge
- Miami Hurricanes prepare for March Madness
- Women's Golf Day a big boost for the sport
- Athlete of the Week- Palm Beach Garden's Ta'Coia Williams
- Palm Beach Gardens in running for spring training site
- Marlins Pitcher Fernandez escapes Cuba for baseball
- Bob Toski talks about induction into PGA Pro H.O.F.
- Saying goodbye to CBS12's Pat Murphy
- Report: Dolphins "lead dog" in landing star receiver Wallace
- Marlins Ponder Length of spring training
- Dolphins re-sign both Hartline and Moore
- Yankees fans take over Jupiter; Marlins host Friday
- Marlins' Brantly is the young leading the young
- McIlroy says withdrawing was wrong
- Jose Fernandez ranked a top 5 prospect by MLB.com
- Marlins' John Maine hopes to crack starting rotation
- Michael Thompson wins Honda Classic for first PGA win
- Duke edges Miami in Top 10 Rematch
- Tiger Woods stuck at par after posting another 70
- Youngsters Guthrie and Thompson Lead at Honda Classic
- Guthrie Leads at Honda Classic After Dramatic Day
- Rory McIlroy walks off course at Honda Classic
- College Hoops: Embry Riddle 91, Northwood 81
- Spring Training: Marlins 7, NY Mets 5
- Marlins Chris Coghlan working his way back
- Northwood advances to semifinals with big win over Southeastern
- Heat win their 10th Straight in Philly
- Marlins Lose Mathis in Preseason Opener
- Fiery Crash at Daytona Injures Fans
- Marlins to kick off preseason Saturday with high hopes
- One-on-One: Tennis legend John McEnroe
- Honda Classic kick-off party at Gardens Mall
- South Florida's newest sport Boccia is a game changer
- Big names coming to Delray Beach for 2013 ITC
- Jose Fernandez: Marlins pitching prospect
- Miami Marlins are 'young and hungry'
- Marlin's Stanton ready to move on from November's trade
- Miami Marlins Catcher: Star in the making
- Northwood Seahawks honor CBS12's Pat Murphy
- College Hoops: Northwood 93, Warern 63
- World series qualifying poker event at Palm Beach Kennel Club
- Marlins top pitcher: Ricky Nolasco
- Marlins first day of spring training
- Tiger Woods confirmed for 2013 Honda Classic
- Tway: 'Always trying to figure this game out'
- Fundraiser benefits son of golfer Dana Quigley
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Annika Sorenstam offers tips at Allianz
- Bernhard Langer 'likes his chances' at this year's Allianz
- Northwood Seahawks beat Palm Beach Atlantic, 74-62
- Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl 47
- Super Bowl 47 kicks off in New Orleans
- FAU Owls beat UL-Monroe 76 - 71
- FAU Owls open 2012 season against the Miami Hurricanes
- Jupiter High beats Atlantic High 77-68
- Northwood University beats Ava Maria 78-64
- Lexi Thompson anxious for new season beginning Feb. 14
- Nationally ranked Northwood Seahawks to play Ava Maria
- A-Rod denies PED use report; MLB investigates
- Obama honors NBA Champion Miami Heat
- Bucs in action: Benjamin defeats Cardinal Mooney
- Palm Beach Piranhas prepping for next game
- Michelle Wie looks for a bounce back season
- Former CBS12 Athlete of the Year, Emanuel Cook, heads to the Superbowl
- Friends, baseball greats gather for Gary Carter Golf Classic
- 44th Bethesda Hospital Foundation Pro-Am
- American Heritage Stallions edge Pine Crest, 1-0
- Dwyer girls basketball beats Lake Worth, 75-69
- Competitive golf returns to Palm Beach Atlantic
- Rory Mcilroy heads commitments for Honda Classic
- Panthers beat Palm Beach Lakes Rams, 82-42
- Northwood defeats Florida Memorial, 90-53
- New professional football league in the Palm Beaches
- Palm Beach Gardens Rams beat Forest Hill
- BCS pre-game party in full swing
- Polo returns to Wellington for 10th season
- FAU beats Lafayette 75 to 70
- New basketball league in Palm Beach
- Steve Lebrun embarks on new journey
- FAU vs. Hofstra
- Will Likely Picks Maryland
- Anquan Boldin Foundation Gives Back
- FAU's Greg Gantt a scoring machine
- FAU Owls remain upbeat despite loss
- Northwood hoops to double-digit win
- FAU comes up just short to Stetson
- Gearing up for spring training
- Hot ticket for Honda Classic
- Northwood wraps up OT victory
- Dolphins Defeat Jaguars
- Stars Out For Hospice Fundraiser
- Northwood Wins Battle at the Beach
- Jupiter Boys' hold off Gardens
- Northwood defeats Point U
- Pavin back at Broken Sound, Watson to be Ryder Cup leader
- Top Juniors in action at "Little Mo" Tennis
- Top Youth Boxers in Royal Palm Beach
- Dolphins Slim Playoff Hopes Need W
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- 21st Groza Awards dinner held Tuesday evening
- Lynn soccer program nabs soccer title
- Top kickers make local stop
- Burke Bowl Bound
- FAU making the move to C-USA
- Dwyer takes win over Palm Beach Gardens
- Duke looking to hit it big in 2013
- Dolphins Thinking Playoffs
- Palm Beach Lakes tops Jupiter on the court
- The "iron man" of golf
- Northwood rolls Devry en route to win
- Pro golfers swing for charity
- Dolphins' confidence is back after win over Hawks
- Camacho clinically brain dead
- Dolphins confident they will turn it around
- Lake Worth Christian wins big
- Venus Williams opens new clay courts in Boca
- Young FAU hoops looking to improve
- FAU Football confident after winning 2 of 3
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- New head man for PGA America
- Blockbuster deal, Marlins ship big names to Toronto
- South Florida PGA Awards
- Pros battle it out at skills compettion on the links
- Dolphins need to protect QB
- Dolphins Ready For Playoff Push
- Marlins Introduce New Manager
- Palm Beach Central rolls Boca Raton
- Jupiter tops Park Vista
- Wait and see on Tannehill
- Dwyer blanks Lake Worth
- Reggie Bush and Dolphins Ready For Rematch with Jets
- The Greek's Trifecta: Week 8
- Northwood hoops starting season #1
- Wellington holds off Dwyer in playoff action
- Dolphins gearing up for Jets
- Tennis legend Chris Evert set to host charity event
- Marlins fire manager Ozzie Guillen
- Marlins Trade Heath Bell
- Josh Drives the Miss Geico Boat
- Jabar Gaffney Getting Closer
- Local running back lands big award
- Canes drop second straight
- Seminoles back on track
- Gators top Vandy
- Bradley shines at the Battle at BallenIsles
- Get ready to go racing on the water
- Local golfer ready for big show
- Starks wins AFC award
- Tannehill Continues to Impress
- Athlete of the Week: Clancy Waugh
- Dolphins Offense Impressive
- Battle at BallenIsles ready to go
- Lake Worth Christian holds on for big win
- Ray Allen fitting in with Heat
- Athlete of the Week: Greg Bryant
- Canes win thriller
- Ft. Pierce Central stays unbeaten
- NFL reaches tentative agreement with refs
- Dolphins ready for visting Jets
- World Baseball Classic swings into local scene
- Dolphins honor Boca High student
- Miami Dolphins win Sunday
- Dolphins Confident
- The Greek's Trifecta: Week 2
- Former Dolphin Chris Chambers gets into fitness business in South Florida
- Dolphins confident in Tannehill
- Volleyball Hometown Highlights: Cobras vs. Panthers
- Watch Dolphins games on CBS12 with audio in Spanish
- The Miami Dolphins "prep" for the Texans, Quarterback Ryan Tannehill is ready
- Friday Night Blitz Week 1
- Blitz Preview Atlantic Eagles
- Lynn University soccer team looking for a successful season
- FAU ready for home opener next Friday
- Jupiter Christian Eagles ready to thro some pig skin
- Jupiter Warriors Ready for Football
- Owls Scrimmage in front of fans in Boca Raton
- Optimism running high for Pahokee Football team
- Dolphins Have Work to Do
- Fantasy Football and Golf Event Coming to PGA National
- Dolphins to start Tannehill
- Raiders Football Team Thinking State Title
- Dolphins Quarterback situation remains unclear
- Glades Day Gators ready for the Season
- Dolphins QB Update and Rookies looking to make splash
- Games in Jupiter: Roger Dean Stadium to host WBC
- Chad Johnson arrested on domestic violence charges, bonds out of a Broward County Jail
- Prepping for water ski national championships at Okeeheelee Park
- Top players tune up for PGA Championship
- DOLPHINS: Jeff Ireland interview
- Ryan Tannehill reports to Dolphins training camp
- Ryan Tannehill Signs with the Dolphins
- St. Lucie Mets honor Gary Carter
- Fins Football Academy in Boca
- New faces at Pelini's first FAU training camp
- New faces at Pelini's first FAU training camp
- Report: Golden's staff broke recruiting rules
- Giving Back: Team Elam Football Camp
- Top junior golfers set to collide at Ballenisles
- Royal Palm Beach Lightning head to the Pony League World Series
- Clay Court Championships: Battling for titles in Delray Beach
- Tiger Woods focused on British Open
- Marlins: Improvement on tap?
- Pahokee boxer, 16, on verge of greatnees with helpf from the Police Athletic League
- Major coming for Tiger?
- Delray Beach bids for Davis Cup finals
- Youth baseball bring historic Vero Beach Dodgertown fields to life
- Legends lend a hand at 2nd annual Ryder Cup Junior Academy
- FAU hires Patrick Chun as new athletic director
- Christian Yelich has bright future as center
- Learning the fundamentals at FAU baseball camp
- Howard Schnellenberger says 4-team playoff is progress but more can be done
- When David Clowney "isn't" talking to area kids about life he's working on his football skills
- Miami Heat win 91-85 over Oklahoma Thunder
- Basketball campers learning from legendary Rollie Massimino
- Lynn University hosts week long youth soccer camp
- Dolphins working their tails off for new head Coach Philbin
- Dolphins ready to embrace 'Hard Knocks' cameras
- I'll Have Another's bid to be the 1st triple crown winner scratched
- Heath Evans 7 on 7 Champsionship this Saturday
- Los Angeles drafts former Cardinal Newman star RJ Alvarez
- Nick Price to captain President's Cup team
- Cameron Wake makes switch to Dolphin's Defensive
- Dolphins quarterback tryouts heating up
- Dolphins making the defense better
- Former Marlins, Martin County deputy arrested on DUI charges
- Dolfans get inside look with new reality TV show
- All 3 Dolphins quarterback are in the mix
- Dolphins full squad workouts
- Yeremiah Bell signs with New York Jets
- Pat Murphy hosts annual charity auction for the Boys and Girls Clubs
- Coach Muschamp greets Gator nation
- Kellie Lewis-Jay signs 5-year deal to be Owls coach
- Jacory Harris impresses Dolphins
- Dolphins: All eyes on Tannehill
- Greenacres water skier prepares for Nationals at Okeeheelee Park
- Gators vs. Warriors
- Stephen Ross: Looking to build a winning team
- Dolphins draft Texas A&M QB Tannehill
- Sue Cohn wins Palm Beach County Women's Amateur
- Palm Beach County Women's Amateur Championship at PGA National
- Optimism running high among Dolphins
- Dolphins: Day 1 of Philbin era
- Dolphin's Phillip Merling handed his walking papers
- Robert Allenby
- FAU hoops coach gets raise, contract extension
- First look at FAU's Owls with Pelini
- Postseason NHL schedule
- Anquan Boldin charity golf tournament in Royal Palm Beach
- Can the Marlins recover from Ozzie Guillen's mouth?
- Miami Marlins manager suspended over pro-Castro comments
- Kent Bottenfield head coach at PBA
- Marlins: Progress for Stanton
- Dolphins in rebuilding mode
- Roddick upsets Federer at Key Biscayne
- Indiana Pacers beat Miami Heat
- FAU searches for a new athletic director
- FAU spring game