Howard Schnellenberger says 4-team playoff is progress but more can be done
BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Legendary Football coach Howard Schnellenberger has never been shy about his desire for a 16-team tournament for college football. With Tuesday's announcement of a 4-team playoff, Howard says, its progress but more can be done.
Howard said he would love to be on the selection committee, but doubts that he'll be asked.
Wednesday, June 27 2012, 09:44 PM EDT
Last Update on June 20, 2013 07:50 GMT
STANLEY CUP FINALS
BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Bruins were able to claw back from deficits of 1-0, 4-2, and 5-4 during the most entertaining game of this year's Stanley Cup finals. Brent Seabrook gave Boston no time to mount another comeback.
Seabrook scored at 9:51 of overtime to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 6-5 win over the Bruins, tying the series at two games apiece.
Patrick Sharp put the Hawks ahead 5-4 with a power-play goal midway through the third period, but Boston tied it for the final time when Johnny Boychuk scored 55 seconds later.
Patrick Kane assisted on Seabrook's game-winner after notching his first goal of the finals in the second period. Jonathan Toews (tayvz) also scored his first goal of the series and second of the playoffs to give Chicago its second lead of the night.
The Blackhawks' 4-2 cushion lasted until Patrice Bergeron (pah-TREE'S BEHR'-zhur-ahn) scored two straight goals, cashing in on a power play late in the second period before scoring early in the third.
The two clubs combined for 11 goals after scoring just 12 in the first three games.
Game 5 is Saturday in Chicago.
BOSTON (AP) -- NHL general managers have embraced many changes recommended by the competition committee, including hybrid icing and the mandatory use of visors for all players entering the league.
The group met Wednesday before Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals.
A blend of touch and no-touch icing that offers referees the discretion to blow a play dead will be in effect during the upcoming preseason. If the experiment is successful, hybrid icing will be implemented for the regular season, pending a vote by the league's board of governors.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The Nashville Predators have signed defenseman Victor Bartley to a three-year, $2 million contract. The 25-year-old made his NHL debut this season and played in 24 games for the Predators, ranking fourth in average ice time with 19 minutes, 32 seconds.
DETROIT (AP) -- The Detroit Red Wings and city officials have announced plans for a $650 million arena in Detroit's downtown entertainment and sports district. The club currently plays in the 32-year old Joe Louis Arena. The Red Wings say there will be $367 million in private investment and $283 million in public funds in the complex. It also will include residential and retail space.
The arena would be near the Detroit Tigers' Comerica Park and the Detroit Lions' Ford Field.
UNDATED (AP) -- The Los Angeles Dodgers have earned a doubleheader split in their first games at Yankee Stadium since the 1981 World Series.
Hiroki Kuroda (hih-ROH'-kee kuh-ROH'-dah) carried a shutout into the seventh and Ichiro Suzuki had three RBIs in the Yankees' 6-4 win over the Dodgers in Game 1. Kuroda limited his former team to a pair of runs and eight hits in 6 2/3 as the Yankees spoiled the Dodgers' first game in the Bronx since the 1981 World Series.
Chris Capuano came off the disabled list and led the Dodgers to a 6-0 victory in Game 2, holding the Yankees to three hits and no walks in six innings. Yasiel Puig (YAH'-see-ul pweeg) had five hits in the twinbill, including a solo homer in the nightcap. Hanley Ramirez added a pair of RBI singles in the second game and finished with six hits for the day.
Also in the majors, Adam Lind belted a three-run homer and Toronto picked up its eighth consecutive win by downing Colorado 5-2. Mark Buehrle (BUR'-lee) allowed two runs and eight hits in five innings as the Blue Jays dealt the Rockies their sixth loss in eight games.
Desmond Jennings homered and Wil Myers hit a two-run double as Tampa Bay beat Boston 6-2, trimming the Red Sox's lead in the AL East to 1 1/2 games over Baltimore. Jose Molina and Evan Longoria each had three hits to help the Rays win for only the second time in eight games.
Chris Davis leads the majors with 26 home runs after belting two more in Baltimore's 13-3 romp over Detroit. Davis launched a two-run homer and Taylor Teagarden added a three-run blast while Baltimore was scoring six times in the fourth.
Justin Masterson is 9-5 after allowing two runs while pitching into the seventh inning of Cleveland's 6-3 triumph over Kansas City. Michael Brantley hit a pair of solo homers for the Indians, who pulled within 3 1/2 games of the AL Central-leading Tigers.
David Murphy had three hits and scored twice as Texas ripped Oakland 9-4 to pull within two games of the AL West-leading Athletics. Nelson Cruz went 3-for-5 with two RBIs for the Rangers, who also got a homer from Lance Berkman.
Chris Johnson hit a three-run homer and Kris Medlen allowed just one earned run over seven innings as Atlanta topped the New York Mets 5-3. Shaun Marcum gave up the tiebreaking run on a wild pitch and became the third pitcher in Mets history to open a season 0-9.
Ian Desmond hit a grand slam in the 11th inning to complete Washington's rally in a 6-2 win at Philadelphia. The Phillies were one out away from completing a three-game sweep until Jayson Werth hit an RBI single off Jonathan Papelbon (PAP'-ul-bahn).
Jake Westbrook allowed no earned runs while scattering two hits in the Cardinals' 4-1 win over the Cubs. Yadier (YAH'-dee-her) Molina snapped a 1-1 tie with a two-run homer in the sixth inning.
Brandon Phillips singled with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 13th to end Cincinnati's 2-1 victory against Pittsburgh. Pirates closer Jason Grilli had converted all 25 of his save opportunities this season until he served up Jay Bruce's game-tying homer on his first pitch of the ninth inning.
Pinch-hitter Gregor Blanco (GREG'-ohr BLAHN'-koh) hit a tiebreaking, two-run triple in a three-run seventh that allowed San Francisco to beat San Diego 4-2 and end a three-game skid. Madison Bumgarner won his third straight start and improved to 7-4 by limiting the Padres to two runs and three hits in seven innings.
Pinch-hitter Cody Ross smacked a three-run homer in the eighth inning to give Arizona a 3-1 victory over Miami. Marlins starter Jose Fernandez held the Diamondbacks to three hits in 7 1/3 shutout innings but walked two batters just before Ross went deep off reliever Mike Dunn.
Justin Morneau homered for the first time in almost two months, a two-run shot that helped Minnesota beat the White Sox 7-4. Brian Dozier reached base four times for the Twins, including a three-run homer in the second inning.
Mark Trumbo scampered home on Joe Saunders' wild pitch in the sixth inning, the only scoring in the Angels' 1-0 win against Seattle. Saunders went the distance on a six-hitter, but the Mariners could muster just two hits in seven innings against C.J. Wilson.
Rickie Weeks launched a go-ahead, two-run homer in the eighth inning before Aramis (ah-RAH'-mihs) Ramirez added a ninth-inning blast in Milwaukee's 3-1 verdict over Houston. Astros starter Erik Bedard left with a 1-0 lead after allowing four hits over a season-high 7 1/3 innings.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Former Utah Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan is returning to the team as a consultant.
Jazz President Randy Rigby announced on 1280 The Zone radio network that the Hall of Fame coach will be a senior basketball adviser on a multi-year deal. Rigby says Sloan will provide guidance to head coach Ty Corbin as well as serve as an extra set of eyes as they evaluate potential players.
Sloan coached the Jazz for 23 full seasons leading the team to 19 playoff appearances and two trips to the NBA Finals.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- The 49ers have signed defensive end Justin Smith to a two-year contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2015 season. Smith was sidelined the final 2 1/2 games of the regular season, ending his streak of 185 consecutive starts. He has made the Pro Bowl four straight seasons.
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free agent cornerback Michael Adams, a seven-year NFL pro. Adams started seven of 74 games he's appeared in with the Arizona Cardinals over the past six seasons. He has three career interceptions, one forced fumble and four fumble recoveries.
BOSTON (AP) -- The family of a man whose body was found near the home of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez say the man was a semi-pro football player with connections to Hernandez.
Ursula Ward said police told her the body was that of her son Odin Lloyd, who played for the Boston Bandits.
Ward would not say how Lloyd knew Hernandez and did not say if police told her how her son died. Earlier, an uncle said Lloyd had a connection to Hernandez but wouldn't elaborate.
Lloyd was found in an industrial park about a mile from Hernandez's home. Police spent several hours at the home yesterday and returned there today.
Sports Illustrated, citing an unidentified source, reported Tuesday that Hernandez was not believed to be a suspect in what was being treated as a possible homicide.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Former New York Giants punter and radio analyst Dave Jennings has died. He was 61. The most prolific punter in franchise history, Jennings had battled Parkinson's disease since 1996. Jennings played for the Giants from 1974-84.
LONDON (AP) -- The seedings for Wimbledon have been announced. When play begins Monday, French Open winner Rafael Nadal (rah-fay-ehl nah-DAHL') will be seeded fifth, setting up the possibility of a quarterfinal match against Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic (NOH'-vak JOH'-kuh-vich) or Andy Murray.
Djokovic is No. 1, followed by Murray and Federer.
On the women's side of things, five-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams is No. 1 and Victoria Azarenka (ah-zah-REN'-kuh) at No. 2.
In other Wimbledon news, two-time Grand Slam winner Svetlana Kuznetsova (svet-LAH'-nah kooz-NET'-so-vah) has pulled out of the tournament because of an abdominal strain. The Russian was seeded No. 26 at the All England Club. Her withdrawal moves 33rd-ranked Klara Zakopalova (KLAH'-ruh za-kahp-ah-LOH'-vuh) of the Czech Republic into the seedings at No. 32.
- Heat, Spurs on cusp of title before epic Game 7
- Scaletta eyeing second straight PGA Championship
- Bowl game in Boca Raton would be huge for FAU
- NFL's Chaney teaches kids dreams can be reality
- FAU Owls moving forward
- Dolphins open minicamp with a confident Tannehill
- Under Armour Tourney brings scouts to Jupiter
- Boca Raton's "Chi Chi" Gonzalez signs with the Rangers
- Giancarlo Stanton on the mend in Jupiter
- Local baseball stars celebrate being picked in MLB Draft
- Heat and Spurs ready on eve of Finals
- FAU fans welcome home Owls after heartbreaker
- John Evenson breaks down the Heat with Mike Inglis
- FAU loses in baseball regionals in heartbreaking fashion
- The Pacers and Heat 'all in' for Game 7
- Florida Atlantic beats Tar Heels to Stay Alive at NCAA's
- Florida Atlantic Beats Canisius at NCAA Regionals
- Raven Star Damien Berry gives back to Belle Glade
- John Evenson talks to Sun Sentinel Heat Columnist Dave Hyde
- Damien and Kenny Berry look to inspire Belle Glade youth
- Dolphins new cornerback Grimes stepping in
- Honda Classic sets donation record
- McGann tries to qualify for U.S. Open
- Pennington makes guest appearance at OTA
- Germany dominates Ecuador at FAU Stadium
- Germany and Ecuador prepare for friendly in Boca
- Palm Beach State moves on to World Series Final Four
- Allie Kiick wins Soldier Cup Championship
- Palm Beach State wins again to stay in the hunt at JUCO World Series
- FAU Owls kick of NCAA Tourney as a two seed this Friday
- Palm Beach State Survives to Play another Day
- Will there be a Bowl Game in Boca Raton?
- Controversial powers of deer antler velvet
- Local high school baseball stars look to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Tennis Phenom 'Tornado' needs funding for the French Open
- John Evenson, Heat play-by-play voice Mike Inglis break down game one
- New Dolphins make debut at OTAs
- "LoMo" makes rehab stint in Jupiter
- Palm Beach State Baseball ready for World Series
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- Dolphins sign former Glades Central star
- Heat close out Bulls in 5
- 'The Beautiful Game' changing lives in Hobe Sound
- Delray Beach overflowing with young tennis talent
- Game 4 Preview: John Evenson talks with Sun Sentinel's Dave Hyde
- Athlete of the Week: Park Vista's Jason Tellex
- Dee says Dolphins moving to Palm Beach is a possibility
- Former NFL player McIntyre arrested in Port St. Lucie
- Jupiter & Kings Academy moving on in baseball, Park Vista volleyball onto States
- Bulls burn the Heat in Game One
- Sun Sentinel's Chris Perkins breaks down Dolphins Rookie Camp
- Seminole Ridge to face Jupiter in regional semifinal
- State house passes Spring Training Aid bill, stops Sun Life renovations
- Athlete of the Week: Morgan Lauer
- Dolphins rookie camp kicks off competitive offseason
- Bills' McIntyre hosting softball fundraiser in Port St. Lucie
- Heart condition pushes Juno Beach golfer
- Marlins dealt major blow as surging Stanton sidelined
- Palm Beach Central's Bostic picked by Bears in NFL Draft
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Bench-clearing hockey brawl
- Dolphins ring in new era with fresh uniforms and fresh draft pick
- Heat vs. Bucks, Game 2
- Palm Beach Central grad Jon Bostic ready for NFL draft
- Zacara defends U.S. Open Polo Title in front of a capacity crowd
- Positive Signs all around at FAU Spring Game
- LaCrosse takes Senior Amateur in playoff
- Wellington Jiu-Jitsu team strikes gold at World Championships
- Williams sisters feeling at home for Fed Cup
- Woulfe, Dew among Senior Am leaders after Round One
- Fed Cup team meets local elementary students
- Management giant IMG takes over Honda Classic
- Palm Beach State baseball star eyes Miami and the Majors
- World renowned Polo title game slated for Wellington this week
- Anquan Boldin and NFL friends get on the hardwood
- 9-year-old tennis talent battles diabetes on the court
- Anquan Boldin continues to give back to South Florida
- Legendary golf course designer Pete Dye in Port St. Lucie
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Marlins home opener sure to have a mixed vibe
- Wheelchair Tennis in Boca Raton looks for a boost
- Athlete of the Week: Jupiter's Kylee Hanson
- Students bowl with the Fins
- Florida Derby winner Orb a favorite for Kentucky Derby
- FAU survives scare from intracity 'rival'
- Palm Beach Central's McDermott commits to Miami
- Yankee fan builds ultimate South Florida Yankees 'man cave'
- NCAA Bracket Challenge, April 1
- Marlins ready to play ball and celebrate 20 years
- Athlete of the Week- Palm Beach Central's K.C. McDermott
- Orb wins Florida Derby; heading towards Kentucky Derby
- Spring Training ends in Jupiter
- Hurricanes lose in Sweet 16
- Gators ready to deal with Dunk City
- Big blasts lift Marlins over Nationals
- FGCU A.K.A "Dunk City" celebrates their Sweet 16 Eagles
- NCAA Bracket Challenge, March 25
- Tiger Woods back on top of golf with win at Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Palm Beach County Sports Hall of Fame expands in talent
- Stanton back to lead Marlins
- Local 8th grader competes with the world's best Polo players
- Marlins' McKeon backs Loria and off-season trades
- NCAA Bracket Challenge
- Miami Hurricanes prepare for March Madness
- Women's Golf Day a big boost for the sport
- Athlete of the Week- Palm Beach Garden's Ta'Coia Williams
- Palm Beach Gardens in running for spring training site
- Marlins Pitcher Fernandez escapes Cuba for baseball
- Bob Toski talks about induction into PGA Pro H.O.F.
- Saying goodbye to CBS12's Pat Murphy
- Report: Dolphins "lead dog" in landing star receiver Wallace
- Marlins Ponder Length of spring training
- Dolphins re-sign both Hartline and Moore
- Yankees fans take over Jupiter; Marlins host Friday
- Marlins' Brantly is the young leading the young
- McIlroy says withdrawing was wrong
- Jose Fernandez ranked a top 5 prospect by MLB.com
- Marlins' John Maine hopes to crack starting rotation
- Michael Thompson wins Honda Classic for first PGA win
- Duke edges Miami in Top 10 Rematch
- Tiger Woods stuck at par after posting another 70
- Youngsters Guthrie and Thompson Lead at Honda Classic
- Guthrie Leads at Honda Classic After Dramatic Day
- Rory McIlroy walks off course at Honda Classic
- College Hoops: Embry Riddle 91, Northwood 81
- Spring Training: Marlins 7, NY Mets 5
- Marlins Chris Coghlan working his way back
- Northwood advances to semifinals with big win over Southeastern
- Heat win their 10th Straight in Philly
- Marlins Lose Mathis in Preseason Opener
- Fiery Crash at Daytona Injures Fans
- Marlins to kick off preseason Saturday with high hopes
- One-on-One: Tennis legend John McEnroe
- Honda Classic kick-off party at Gardens Mall
- South Florida's newest sport Boccia is a game changer
- Big names coming to Delray Beach for 2013 ITC
- Jose Fernandez: Marlins pitching prospect
- Miami Marlins are 'young and hungry'
- Marlin's Stanton ready to move on from November's trade
- Miami Marlins Catcher: Star in the making
- Northwood Seahawks honor CBS12's Pat Murphy
- College Hoops: Northwood 93, Warern 63
- World series qualifying poker event at Palm Beach Kennel Club
- Marlins top pitcher: Ricky Nolasco
- Marlins first day of spring training
- Tiger Woods confirmed for 2013 Honda Classic
- Tway: 'Always trying to figure this game out'
- Fundraiser benefits son of golfer Dana Quigley
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Annika Sorenstam offers tips at Allianz
- Bernhard Langer 'likes his chances' at this year's Allianz
- Northwood Seahawks beat Palm Beach Atlantic, 74-62
- Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl 47
- Super Bowl 47 kicks off in New Orleans
- FAU Owls beat UL-Monroe 76 - 71
- FAU Owls open 2012 season against the Miami Hurricanes
- Jupiter High beats Atlantic High 77-68
- Northwood University beats Ava Maria 78-64
- Lexi Thompson anxious for new season beginning Feb. 14
- Nationally ranked Northwood Seahawks to play Ava Maria
- A-Rod denies PED use report; MLB investigates
- Obama honors NBA Champion Miami Heat
- Bucs in action: Benjamin defeats Cardinal Mooney
- Palm Beach Piranhas prepping for next game
- Michelle Wie looks for a bounce back season
- Former CBS12 Athlete of the Year, Emanuel Cook, heads to the Superbowl
- Friends, baseball greats gather for Gary Carter Golf Classic
- 44th Bethesda Hospital Foundation Pro-Am
- American Heritage Stallions edge Pine Crest, 1-0
- Dwyer girls basketball beats Lake Worth, 75-69
- Competitive golf returns to Palm Beach Atlantic
- Rory Mcilroy heads commitments for Honda Classic
- Panthers beat Palm Beach Lakes Rams, 82-42
- Northwood defeats Florida Memorial, 90-53
- New professional football league in the Palm Beaches
- Palm Beach Gardens Rams beat Forest Hill
- BCS pre-game party in full swing
- Polo returns to Wellington for 10th season
- FAU beats Lafayette 75 to 70
- New basketball league in Palm Beach
- Steve Lebrun embarks on new journey
- FAU vs. Hofstra
- Will Likely Picks Maryland
- Anquan Boldin Foundation Gives Back
- FAU's Greg Gantt a scoring machine
- FAU Owls remain upbeat despite loss
- Northwood hoops to double-digit win
- FAU comes up just short to Stetson
- Gearing up for spring training
- Hot ticket for Honda Classic
- Northwood wraps up OT victory
- Dolphins Defeat Jaguars
- Stars Out For Hospice Fundraiser
- Northwood Wins Battle at the Beach
- Jupiter Boys' hold off Gardens
- Northwood defeats Point U
- Pavin back at Broken Sound, Watson to be Ryder Cup leader
- Top Juniors in action at "Little Mo" Tennis
- Top Youth Boxers in Royal Palm Beach
- Dolphins Slim Playoff Hopes Need W
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- 21st Groza Awards dinner held Tuesday evening
- Lynn soccer program nabs soccer title
- Top kickers make local stop
- Burke Bowl Bound
- FAU making the move to C-USA
- Dwyer takes win over Palm Beach Gardens
- Duke looking to hit it big in 2013
- Dolphins Thinking Playoffs
- Palm Beach Lakes tops Jupiter on the court
- The "iron man" of golf
- Northwood rolls Devry en route to win
- Pro golfers swing for charity
- Dolphins' confidence is back after win over Hawks
- Camacho clinically brain dead
- Dolphins confident they will turn it around
- Lake Worth Christian wins big
- Venus Williams opens new clay courts in Boca
- Young FAU hoops looking to improve
- FAU Football confident after winning 2 of 3
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- New head man for PGA America
- Blockbuster deal, Marlins ship big names to Toronto
- South Florida PGA Awards
- Pros battle it out at skills compettion on the links
- Dolphins need to protect QB
- Dolphins Ready For Playoff Push
- Marlins Introduce New Manager
- Palm Beach Central rolls Boca Raton
- Jupiter tops Park Vista
- Wait and see on Tannehill
- Dwyer blanks Lake Worth
- Reggie Bush and Dolphins Ready For Rematch with Jets
- The Greek's Trifecta: Week 8
- Northwood hoops starting season #1
- Wellington holds off Dwyer in playoff action
- Dolphins gearing up for Jets
- Tennis legend Chris Evert set to host charity event
- Marlins fire manager Ozzie Guillen
- Marlins Trade Heath Bell
- Josh Drives the Miss Geico Boat
- Jabar Gaffney Getting Closer
- Local running back lands big award
- Canes drop second straight
- Seminoles back on track
- Gators top Vandy
- Bradley shines at the Battle at BallenIsles
- Get ready to go racing on the water
- Local golfer ready for big show
- Starks wins AFC award
- Tannehill Continues to Impress
- Athlete of the Week: Clancy Waugh
- Dolphins Offense Impressive
- Battle at BallenIsles ready to go
- Lake Worth Christian holds on for big win
- Ray Allen fitting in with Heat
- Athlete of the Week: Greg Bryant
- Canes win thriller
- Ft. Pierce Central stays unbeaten
- NFL reaches tentative agreement with refs
- Dolphins ready for visting Jets
- World Baseball Classic swings into local scene
- Dolphins honor Boca High student
- Miami Dolphins win Sunday
- Dolphins Confident
- The Greek's Trifecta: Week 2
- Former Dolphin Chris Chambers gets into fitness business in South Florida
- Dolphins confident in Tannehill
- Volleyball Hometown Highlights: Cobras vs. Panthers
- Watch Dolphins games on CBS12 with audio in Spanish
- The Miami Dolphins "prep" for the Texans, Quarterback Ryan Tannehill is ready
- Friday Night Blitz Week 1
- Blitz Preview Atlantic Eagles
- Lynn University soccer team looking for a successful season
- FAU ready for home opener next Friday
- Jupiter Christian Eagles ready to thro some pig skin
- Jupiter Warriors Ready for Football
- Owls Scrimmage in front of fans in Boca Raton
- Optimism running high for Pahokee Football team
- Dolphins Have Work to Do
- Fantasy Football and Golf Event Coming to PGA National
- Dolphins to start Tannehill
- Raiders Football Team Thinking State Title
- Dolphins Quarterback situation remains unclear
- Glades Day Gators ready for the Season
- Dolphins QB Update and Rookies looking to make splash
- Games in Jupiter: Roger Dean Stadium to host WBC
- Chad Johnson arrested on domestic violence charges, bonds out of a Broward County Jail
- Prepping for water ski national championships at Okeeheelee Park
- Top players tune up for PGA Championship
- DOLPHINS: Jeff Ireland interview
- Ryan Tannehill reports to Dolphins training camp
- Ryan Tannehill Signs with the Dolphins
- St. Lucie Mets honor Gary Carter
- Fins Football Academy in Boca
- New faces at Pelini's first FAU training camp
- New faces at Pelini's first FAU training camp
- Report: Golden's staff broke recruiting rules
- Giving Back: Team Elam Football Camp
- Top junior golfers set to collide at Ballenisles
- Royal Palm Beach Lightning head to the Pony League World Series
- Clay Court Championships: Battling for titles in Delray Beach
- Tiger Woods focused on British Open
- Marlins: Improvement on tap?
- Pahokee boxer, 16, on verge of greatnees with helpf from the Police Athletic League
- Major coming for Tiger?
- Delray Beach bids for Davis Cup finals
- Youth baseball bring historic Vero Beach Dodgertown fields to life
- Legends lend a hand at 2nd annual Ryder Cup Junior Academy
- FAU hires Patrick Chun as new athletic director
- Christian Yelich has bright future as center
- Learning the fundamentals at FAU baseball camp
- Howard Schnellenberger says 4-team playoff is progress but more can be done
- When David Clowney "isn't" talking to area kids about life he's working on his football skills
- Miami Heat win 91-85 over Oklahoma Thunder
- Basketball campers learning from legendary Rollie Massimino
- Lynn University hosts week long youth soccer camp
- Dolphins working their tails off for new head Coach Philbin
- Dolphins ready to embrace 'Hard Knocks' cameras
- I'll Have Another's bid to be the 1st triple crown winner scratched
- Heath Evans 7 on 7 Champsionship this Saturday
- Los Angeles drafts former Cardinal Newman star RJ Alvarez
- Nick Price to captain President's Cup team
- Cameron Wake makes switch to Dolphin's Defensive
- Dolphins quarterback tryouts heating up
- Dolphins making the defense better
- Former Marlins, Martin County deputy arrested on DUI charges
- Dolfans get inside look with new reality TV show
- All 3 Dolphins quarterback are in the mix
- Dolphins full squad workouts
- Yeremiah Bell signs with New York Jets
- Pat Murphy hosts annual charity auction for the Boys and Girls Clubs
- Coach Muschamp greets Gator nation
- Kellie Lewis-Jay signs 5-year deal to be Owls coach
- Jacory Harris impresses Dolphins
- Dolphins: All eyes on Tannehill
- Greenacres water skier prepares for Nationals at Okeeheelee Park
- Gators vs. Warriors
- Stephen Ross: Looking to build a winning team
- Dolphins draft Texas A&M QB Tannehill
- Sue Cohn wins Palm Beach County Women's Amateur
- Palm Beach County Women's Amateur Championship at PGA National
- Optimism running high among Dolphins
- Dolphins: Day 1 of Philbin era
- Dolphin's Phillip Merling handed his walking papers
- Robert Allenby
- FAU hoops coach gets raise, contract extension
- First look at FAU's Owls with Pelini
- Postseason NHL schedule
- Anquan Boldin charity golf tournament in Royal Palm Beach
- Can the Marlins recover from Ozzie Guillen's mouth?
- Miami Marlins manager suspended over pro-Castro comments
- Kent Bottenfield head coach at PBA
- Marlins: Progress for Stanton
- Dolphins in rebuilding mode
- Roddick upsets Federer at Key Biscayne
- Indiana Pacers beat Miami Heat
- FAU searches for a new athletic director
- FAU spring game
Tonight on CBS12
The Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
Person of Interest